Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

How to get an RC - No problem

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: Run its course
User_Removed
16 Jul 2008 - 8:19 PM

Quote: newbies start moaning about the site "losing something" ?

EPZ the village. This is a site for local people. The old boys network, that might be the problem.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
16 Jul 2008 - 8:19 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paree
Paree  9594 forum posts3 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2008 - 8:22 PM

I have said this before
but i will say it again
if there were no clicks and comments there would be no site.

Last Modified By Paree at 16 Jul 2008 - 8:23 PM
Big Bri
Big Bri  1315596 forum posts United Kingdom
16 Jul 2008 - 8:33 PM

Quote: Quote: newbies start moaning about the site "losing something" ?EPZ the village. This is a site for local people. The old boys network, that might be the problem.

Ooops, forgot the Wink

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014838 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2008 - 9:07 PM

RC's are ace

hope tonight's shots get one, yesterdays was miles off :-(

_Helena_
_Helena_  7596 forum posts United States1 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2008 - 12:47 AM

Yeah, let's experiment with our photography and leave the website experiments to the developers. This thread screams "nothing better to do" zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

bppowell
bppowell  122125 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2008 - 8:50 AM

These threads are now so common the people that used to comment and vote have decided they have had enough and stopped voting.

At least that my excuse Wink

Barry

MalcolmS
MalcolmS e2 Member 91072 forum postsMalcolmS vcard England13 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2008 - 8:53 AM

If everyone is so fed up with this type of thread, why do the usual suspects always contribute to them?
I look through and the regular wind up merchants are in here fueling the fire. Let the newbies get on with it, they will learn as we all have had to that you get from the clicks whatever you want to. If you like to social click so what, if you don't, then don't participate, it's simple. Don't complaint about others getting more clicks through that avenue though.
There will always be those that comment honestly and vote the same way, just value those peoples opinions and go with the flow on the rest.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014838 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2008 - 9:22 AM

boo hoo - yesterday's shot didn't get an RC :-(

joolsb
joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2008 - 9:26 AM

It's that weird sky wot did it, Ade. I very nearly didn't click at all but I felt you needed a little encouragement.... Grin

ade_mcfade
17 Jul 2008 - 9:30 AM

ha ha - you mean the dark area that gives fantastic contrast to the white tower?

it's all about perception Joolz Smile

boony
boony  7978 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2008 - 9:38 AM

Quote: Boo hoo - yesterday's shot didn't get an RC :-(

youre only 1 short now! come on , someone help him out

Last Modified By boony at 17 Jul 2008 - 9:38 AM
rusmi
rusmi  1035 forum posts Italy1 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2008 - 9:50 AM

My view is that you take it too seriously, in the end this site is also for fun and as other community like flickr people wants to play in the team, if you got a reciprocal click you might have found a new e-photo mate a click doesn't say necessarily that your photo is cool or that Mr Ansel Adams was an amateur compared to you, there're fab shots which take less clicks than a plain flower or a dull landscape, that's the spirit of the community!

Tom

stevie
stevie e2 Member 101198 forum postsstevie vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2008 - 9:52 AM

Quote: If everyone is so fed up with this type of thread, why do the usual suspects always contribute to them?
I look through and the regular wind up merchants are in here fueling the fire. Let the newbies get on with it, they will learn as we all have had to that you get from the clicks whatever you want to. If you like to social click so what, if you don't, then don't participate, it's simple. Don't complaint about others getting more clicks through that avenue though.
There will always be those that comment honestly and vote the same way, just value those peoples opinions and go with the flow on the rest.

At last, a voice of common sense.
It's obvious to all that all sorts of clicking, back patting, bias towards a certain type of shot and everything else goes on and it's just a reflection of normal life. Like many others, I enjoy the site for what it is and what it offers.
Interestingly, the majority of the membership deserve more credit - some of you may remember Pete posting a 'bogus' EC - maybe 3 years ago? The shot was, quite honestly, awful. Far from joining the 'me too, great work' brigade, quite a lot of people came right out and said they couldn't understand the EC, they thought the shot was simply bad.

Last Modified By stevie at 17 Jul 2008 - 9:53 AM
boony
boony  7978 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2008 - 9:59 AM

ummmmm. anyone fancy voting on some of mine?? though they all go up as critique shots (yes , all 1 of them) now.......

conrad
conrad  1010877 forum posts116 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2008 - 10:05 AM

Hard to vote on a critique gallery shot, boony. Besides, even if I could vote on it, you wouldn't want to me to do that unless I really liked it, would you...

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: Run its course