Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

How to print out TWO 8inx6in images on ONE sheet of A4?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    manhattan88
    24 Dec 2001 - 3:03 PM

Hi

How can I get Adobe Photoshop 6.0 to tell my EPSON 890 printer to print out TWO 8inx6in prints onto ONE sheet of A4 photopaper?

Many thanks!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    24 Dec 2001 - 3:03 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318436 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Dec 2001 - 2:35 PM

Create a new file with an A4 size at the resolution you need to print (240dpi in your case) Then open both your photos you want to print and copy and paste them onto the new canvas adjusting them using the move tool and transform options so that they fit within the A4 page. Allow area around the edge for the printer unless you are printing using no border option.
    An alternative option is to use Epson's print utility that should have been provided with your printer. This allows multiple picture per page printing and is easier to apply than messing around with Photoshop. Hopefully the next version of Photoshop will have a better printing option included.

manhattan88
    28 Dec 2001 - 11:21 AM

Many thanks for your helpful advice Peter.

Leo
    Leo  1245 forum posts England9 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Feb 2002 - 3:42 PM

I use an Epson 750 printer, obsolete of course now, with it came their Epson Photo Sheet software which offers a number of formats to print out from the same picture file.You can print two maximum size pics of 5x7 on one A4 sheet but a word of warning though. Epson in their wisdom and for reasons known only to themselves, which we can only guess at, have no provision in that software to alter the dpi from the fixed one of 1440, this of course allows you to watch the ink drainingSad I get excellent results from the printer at only 720dpi, printing via Photoshop, so in all honesty I would favour Peter's first suggestion if you don't wish to shell out too much on inks. I realise that they may now offer better software, as mine could well have been upgraded by now.

richiev4
    richiev4  1126 forum posts
    5 Feb 2003 - 6:24 PM

Try looking at
    http://www.epson.com.sg/pif.html
    and clicking on the 'More about P.I.F' button on the left

You can download Epsond PhotoQuicker and Print Image Framer software which will allow you to print any number of images on any size page (depending on you printer). I use an old Epson 670 and have had no problems. The best thing is it's free. This software does come with Epsons newer printers.

pj.morley
    pj.morley  11947 forum posts
    10 Feb 2003 - 11:21 AM

manhattan88

reading your question as it is, the answer is you can't get 2 8x6 photos on one sheet of paper simply becasue the the longest dimension of A4 is only 11.7 inches and you would need the paper to be 12 inches...

However, you could with minor cropping, get two 8x5.85 images (as long as your printer can print edge to edge) or alternatuvely if you want to keep the full image view, resize your images to 97% of their original size which would give you sizes of roughly 7.8 inches x 5.8 inches

Regards

ella
    ella  1143 forum posts
    10 Mar 2003 - 12:10 AM

You could try scaling your first image to fit on one half of the page aligned say to the left, and then put the paper back in the printer and print your second image, scaled accordingly and positioned on the right. Simple but it works.

Alternatively, if it is the same image to be printed twice, you could try file, automate, picture package. This lets you print out your image in a variety of size combinations on one sheet

geoffmclark
    11 Mar 2003 - 7:28 PM

hi there
    Just another suggestion.
    I got very confused with the s/w when trying to print direct from the image programmes so I now use a DTP programme (SERIF as it happens but any one would do, i think).
    I have templates made up of an A4 page marked for two (almost) 8x6 and another marked up for 4 ordinary album sized prints and I import the photo requirement and scale to fit the boundary markers.
    Being an impoverished OAP I can make most economic use of my expensive photo paper that way and there are no grounds for wastage.
    There is often a good DTP available as a magazine cover disc so no expense spared !!!

geoff

alan h.
    alan h.  13275 forum posts United Kingdom
    14 Mar 2003 - 5:35 PM

this has been going on for some time. i have an epson 890 printer and find it easy to print two different pictures on an a4 sheet. open up your first picture and resize it to about 9x7 if it is portrait rotate it to landscape. click file then print . click setup in the box. click layout and then click multi page and the 2 pages. put your paper in and print. the image will print at bottom
    of sheet. turn your paper 180 degrees in the printer and repeat as first picture for the second
    the printer reduces the 9x7 to a smaller size automatically.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.