Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

how to remove this spot

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53544 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
19 Jul 2012 - 12:51 PM

Opening the aperture wider should help hide the spot.
Though this is a rubbish solution for macro photography where you most want small apertures.

Have you taken the lens off and looked at it so see if the lens needs cleaning on the back end?

Cheers
Stuart

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
19 Jul 2012 - 12:51 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

OutOfFocus4
19 Jul 2012 - 5:52 PM

I thought buying the camera and clicking shutter release button was the only thing i had to do.I guess not.This is my first Dslr so i have a feeling i have a whole lot to learn. Hopefully i can learn more without destroying my camera ... thanks everyone for their suggestions.......... everyday is a new thing to learn ... i bought a cleaning pen..... i used a normal brush it kinda made it slightly messy.. I am gonna use that when i get it........... Grin

OutOfFocus4
19 Jul 2012 - 5:56 PM

I am pretty happy with this blog and i am glad i joined it.Thanks everyone for their suggestions....

mikehit
mikehit  46191 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
19 Jul 2012 - 6:01 PM

Quote: i used a normal brush it kinda made it slightly messy..

That sometimes happens with a brush - if you waft it around with abandon you sometimes stir up more dust that is in the camera body.
By the way, do not use a compressed air canister. Firstly, it will disturb all sorts of dust and secondly as the air expands rapidly it cools and can cause condensation on the sensor. This can then mix with some dust which then gets really sticky.

MrGoatsmilk
19 Jul 2012 - 7:59 PM

Is the camera brand new out the box?

SueEley
SueEley e2 Member 8271 forum postsSueEley vcard Wales96 Constructive Critique Points
19 Jul 2012 - 8:15 PM

I use a green clean which vacuum cleans and has wet wipes (which I prefer not to use) if the worst comes to the worst. The green clean has a compressed air canister, but it works by creating negative pressure which lifts dust off (well, that's what I think it does from the diagrams!) You will always get these, and the smaller the aperture, the worse they look (try pinhole if you want to see the worst!)

Last Modified By SueEley at 19 Jul 2012 - 8:16 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.