Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

How to treat a rude customer

16 Mar 2009 2:11PM
A crowded Malta-London flight was cancelled. She was the lone attendant in charge of re-booking a long line of inconvenienced travelers. Suddenly an angry passenger pushed his way to the desk. He slapped his ticket down on the counter and said, "I HAVE to be on this flight and it HAS to be FIRST CLASS".
The attendant replied, "I'm sorry sir. I'll be happy to try to help you, but I've got to help these people first, and I'm sure we'll be able to work something out." The passenger was unimpressed. He asked loudly, so that the passengers behind him could hear, "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I AM?"
Without hesitating, the attendant smiled and grabbed her public address microphone: May I have your attention please? May I have your attention please?" she began. With her voice being heard clearly throughout the terminal, she said, "We have a passenger here at Gate 14 WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHO HE IS. If anyone can help him find his identity, please come to Gate 14."
With the folks behind him in line laughing hysterically, the man glared at the attendant, gritted his teeth and said, "F... You!" Without flinching, she smiled and said, "I'm sorry, sir, but you'll have to get in line for that too."

lol made me fall off my chair when i friend posted this to me Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

conrad 10 10.9k 116
16 Mar 2009 2:19PM
I would have taken an instant liking to the lady. Excellent! Brilliant reactions!
16 Mar 2009 2:43PM
lol yeh and this actualy happened aswell
it was in a airport in the US mind you the yanks dont rally care what they say really Wink
cameracat 11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
16 Mar 2009 2:43PM
LOL.....My kinda humour and sentiment too......Smile

We are all heading for the same place eventually, Matters not who you are, You'll still have to take your place at the " Pearly Gates ".....Tongue
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
16 Mar 2009 2:55PM
It's the old one's that are best...

Wink
Big Bri 13 15.7k United Kingdom
16 Mar 2009 5:38PM

Quote:Lol yeh and this actualy happened aswell

LOL. Nice, but it's an urban myth.
16 Mar 2009 7:43PM
but is good fun
uggyy 9 2.1k 9 Scotland
16 Mar 2009 9:49PM

Quote:LOL. Nice, but it's an urban myth.

Its funny though how many urban myths become real.... Like the coke machine thief rocking the machine to get coke and it fell on and killed him... A Myth then it happened, thats how you see the warnings on them nowdays....
SuziBlue 12 16.2k 10 Scotland
16 Mar 2009 10:44PM
Nice story. Reminds me of what we used to say: it doesn't matter who you are, you're still a bag of bones.
brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
17 Mar 2009 10:29AM
When I first had to give presentations to the Directors of my company my then boss suggested that if I felt nervous I just remembered that they were all naked under their smart suits.

Even though I retired many years ago that comment helps to this day when meeting new people (and I still have a problem trying to control a fit of the giggles when I look at some "oh so terribly self-important people")
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
17 Mar 2009 11:50AM

Quote:boss suggested that if I felt nervous I just remembered that they were all naked under their smart suits.

He was just a perv! Lol! Grin
17 Mar 2009 1:36PM
lol thats funny il av to try that one Wink
john64 e2
10 824 England
17 Mar 2009 3:26PM

Quote:that comment helps to this day when meeting new people

So the first thing you do when you meet someone is imagine them naked, eh ??
Wink
brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
17 Mar 2009 4:30PM
Sometimes imagination is better than the real thing! Smile
minicooper 6 536 United Kingdom
17 Mar 2009 7:55PM
I work in retail and I deal with lots of rude people. I often find the best way to deal with them is to be extra nice to them in others words don't sink to their level.

Quick story for you. I working on a Friday night and these two young lads came and asked for me something. They were using a lot of swear words but weren't being abusive in anyway. One said to me sorry for the bad language. So I said 'That' alright but don't **** well don't do it again' Luckily for me they saw the funnny side and shook my hand. (No I'm not telling you where I work I'm that not stupid)

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.