Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

HOW TO use RRS L Bracket

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    russellsnr
    1 Jun 2011 - 6:58 AM

Hi, I have never actually seen the RRS L bracket in the flesh (so to speak) but reading many articles it seems to be a very good piece of equipment, so I dived in and bought one (used) but what I cannot find online is how to actually attach it to the tri-pod. I have a Manfrotto 329 RC4 and a Manfrotto 222 both with differant QR plates do I need to purchase something else?, Not got the RRS yet so kinda pre M it's arrival.
    Thanks
    Russ

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    1 Jun 2011 - 6:58 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

BillyGoatGruff
    BillyGoatGruff e2 Member 7191 forum postsBillyGoatGruff vcard England199 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Jun 2011 - 8:28 AM

Hi Russ.
    I think you will find that RRS and Manfrotto aren't compatible, and that RRS do not, so far, make anything that supports the Manfrotto mounting plate system - I emailed them to find this out!
    Manfrotto have their own, highly specific mounting plates.

What you will will need to do is get a tripod head that is Arca-Swiss compatible. It's a more "universal" style of fixing.
    A number of manufacturers make this style of clamp/mounting system: RRS, obviously, do these but can be very expensive; Kirk is another manufacturer - also expensive.
    I only know this because it's a dilemma that I have found myself facing, being a Manfrotto tripod and head user.
    When funds allow I also intend to get the RRS L-plate and will probably investigate RRS or the much cheaper option of a Markins ballhead, although my own preference is a three-axis head.
    FYI
    http://www.markinseurope.com/en/index.php

They are highly recommended, apparently.

Hope this helps

Bill

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    russellsnr
    1 Jun 2011 - 9:00 AM

Quote: Hi Russ.
    I think you will find that RRS and Manfrotto aren't compatible, and that RRS do not, so far, make anything that supports the Manfrotto mounting plate system - I emailed them to find this out!
    Manfrotto have their own, highly specific mounting plates.

What you will will need to do is get a tripod head that is Arca-Swiss compatible. It's a more "universal" style of fixing.
    A number of manufacturers make this style of clamp/mounting system: RRS, obviously, do these but can be very expensive; Kirk is another manufacturer - also expensive.
    I only know this because it's a dilemma that I have found myself facing, being a Manfrotto tripod and head user.
    When funds allow I also intend to get the RRS L-plate and will probably investigate RRS or the much cheaper option of a Markins ballhead, although my own preference is a three-axis head.
    FYI
    http://www.markinseurope.com/en/index.php

They are highly recommended, apparently.

Hope this helps

Bill

Hi, Many thanks I checked the link for the Markin (when I got back off the floor) 300+ Euros and you say the others are expensiveSmile
    Think Christmas is a long way offGrin
    Wife = Flowers = happy wife = new ball headSmile

discreetphoton
    discreetphoton Site Moderator 93453 forum postsdiscreetphoton vcard United Kingdom20 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Jun 2011 - 9:10 AM

There is a much cheaper way. Giottos do a range of arca compatible adaptors and heads. The adaptor is about 40. Even of you buy a new head to put it on, you're looking at about 120 all in.

BillyGoatGruff
    BillyGoatGruff e2 Member 7191 forum postsBillyGoatGruff vcard England199 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Jun 2011 - 9:20 AM

Quote: Wife = Flowers = happy wife = new ball headSmile

If only.........Wink
    I'm lucky if I'm allowed to buy a new CF card! Smile

SlowSong
    SlowSong e2 Member 64445 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Jun 2011 - 11:22 AM

Quote: Quote:Wife = Flowers = happy wife = new ball head

Your wife's set her sights to low IMHO. Grin

russellsnr
    3 Jun 2011 - 4:44 PM

Hi, Please could someone give an opinion as to this item 270756123054 on Ebay
    I think it will do the job but not 100% sure.
    Thanks
    Russ

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.