Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

how to you choose

17 Aug 2013 7:00PM
regarding ua awards how do you choose I tend to go for one without any other uas or many clicks

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

I tend to go for a photo I really like.
franken e2
12 3.3k 4 Wales
17 Aug 2013 8:23PM
I usually go through the day and add any that I like to the shortlist and then decide which one to award.

I often go a few days without giving an award at all.

Quote:Regarding ua awards how do you choose I tend to go for one without any other uas or many clicks

This seems pretty pointless to be honest as the idea behind user awards is what you consider to be the best image of the day and not ones without other awards or many clicks.

Ken
capto e2
2 1.5k 7 United Kingdom
17 Aug 2013 10:29PM
I must confess that I am often put off giving a UA to what I consider a brilliant image as it may already have a bag full of UA's. I do believe that less experienced members who have produced a very credible image do deserve an award and would be encouraged by it.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
18 Aug 2013 1:48AM
For me firstly I have to like it, sometimes its a little different from the norm and catches my eye that way.

First off it gets a vote, then at some point if I can remember, I then go and try to pick the best from the selection I had voted on and pick one for a UA.

Same set of rules apply when I have been guest editor.

Its just a pity that its one a day, it would be much better if it was seven a week ie if nothing takes you fancy you could carry the award over to the next day.

On occasions I forget to award something and its then lost.
mrswoolybill e2
8 529 1094 United Kingdom
18 Aug 2013 8:42AM
I use the shortlist, and try to allow myself a cooling-off period after first viewing - though just occasionally something really grabs me and I jump in immediately.
Generally I look for really strong personal, individual vision, backed up by technical ability. I don't put my UA on an image that could easily be replicated on the next line in the Gallery.
Sometimes I'll go days without awarding, sometimes there are so many outstanding uploads that it's difficult to choose. When totally torn between two or more uploads I guess my criterion is 'Which would I most wish to have taken myself?'. Which is as arbitrary as any other criterion.

Quote:I tend to go for one without any other uas or many clicks

I have some sympathy with that - if faced with two uploads of equal merit, one on 80 votes and one on 5, I often reckon that bumping the latter into the UA Gallery may get it some of the attention that I consider it deserves.
arhb e2
7 2.5k 68 United Kingdom
18 Aug 2013 9:10AM

Quote:I tend to go for a photo I really like.

^^^^^^^
T H I S Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.