Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

how to you choose

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    youmightlikethis
    youmightlikethis e2 Member 121015 forum postsyoumightlikethis vcard Scotland
    17 Aug 2013 - 7:00 PM

regarding ua awards how do you choose I tend to go for one without any other uas or many clicks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    17 Aug 2013 - 7:00 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JN_CHATELAIN_PHOTOGRAPHY
    17 Aug 2013 - 7:27 PM

I tend to go for a photo I really like.

franken
    franken e2 Member 123125 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Aug 2013 - 8:23 PM

I usually go through the day and add any that I like to the shortlist and then decide which one to award.

I often go a few days without giving an award at all.

Quote: Regarding ua awards how do you choose I tend to go for one without any other uas or many clicks

This seems pretty pointless to be honest as the idea behind user awards is what you consider to be the best image of the day and not ones without other awards or many clicks.

Ken

capto
    capto e2 Member 21139 forum postscapto vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Aug 2013 - 10:29 PM

I must confess that I am often put off giving a UA to what I consider a brilliant image as it may already have a bag full of UA's. I do believe that less experienced members who have produced a very credible image do deserve an award and would be encouraged by it.

Last Modified By capto at 17 Aug 2013 - 10:30 PM
    Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315345 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Aug 2013 - 1:48 AM

For me firstly I have to like it, sometimes its a little different from the norm and catches my eye that way.

First off it gets a vote, then at some point if I can remember, I then go and try to pick the best from the selection I had voted on and pick one for a UA.

Same set of rules apply when I have been guest editor.

Its just a pity that its one a day, it would be much better if it was seven a week ie if nothing takes you fancy you could carry the award over to the next day.

On occasions I forget to award something and its then lost.

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 18 Aug 2013 - 1:51 AM
    mrswoolybill
    mrswoolybill Critique Team 7433 forum postsmrswoolybill vcard United Kingdom1018 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Aug 2013 - 8:42 AM

I use the shortlist, and try to allow myself a cooling-off period after first viewing - though just occasionally something really grabs me and I jump in immediately.
    Generally I look for really strong personal, individual vision, backed up by technical ability. I don't put my UA on an image that could easily be replicated on the next line in the Gallery.
    Sometimes I'll go days without awarding, sometimes there are so many outstanding uploads that it's difficult to choose. When totally torn between two or more uploads I guess my criterion is 'Which would I most wish to have taken myself?'. Which is as arbitrary as any other criterion.

Quote: I tend to go for one without any other uas or many clicks

I have some sympathy with that - if faced with two uploads of equal merit, one on 80 votes and one on 5, I often reckon that bumping the latter into the UA Gallery may get it some of the attention that I consider it deserves.

Last Modified By mrswoolybill at 18 Aug 2013 - 8:43 AM
    arhb
    arhb e2 Member 72268 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom68 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Aug 2013 - 9:10 AM

Quote: I tend to go for a photo I really like.

^^^^^^^
    T H I S Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.