Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

HP 940C

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    ckristoff
    ckristoff  9938 forum posts Wales
    28 Mar 2012 - 11:05 AM

Dear Friends,

my office printer the 940C has developed a fault - or it may be a faulty colour ink cartridge? At present, it prints out a lovely pink colour, as opposed to the normal black print. Any colour image is almost tinted pink.

I'm loathe to buy another colour cartridge for this printer, in case I'm left with the same problem! Is there any way someone could advise me on how to clean the printer head, as I was advised to do on my i9950 last year? I've gone through all the maintenance routines for this printer, with no difference at all.

As last resort, I could probably replace this printer with the 930C, that is connected to my spare computer.

Frank.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    28 Mar 2012 - 11:05 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

redsnappa
    redsnappa  111911 forum posts United Kingdom
    28 Mar 2012 - 6:50 PM

There usually is a cleaning function burried deep in ther printer driver software, beware though as using this could easuly use 3 - 5 worth of ink if you are using original cartridges.

Last Modified By redsnappa at 28 Mar 2012 - 6:50 PM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    ckristoff
    ckristoff  9938 forum posts Wales
    28 Mar 2012 - 9:40 PM

Hello Redsnappa,

thank you for your reply.

I think I have tried that, but perhaps I need to take a deeper look, as the function I used didn't use much ink or paper.

Frank.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.