Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

HP Printer HEEELP!!!

8 Jan 2013 9:45PM
Hi everyone...please can you help before this thing drives me insane. I used to use a HP Photosmart D5360 with my apple imac without any problems. I changed to an all in one Kodak less than a year ago so that I could have wi-fi and be able to scan etc. Since that time I have had my hard drive replaced and apple software updated.
The Kodak has packed up (the black ink stopped working) so searching for the receipt.
In the meantime I want to revert to the HP as although getting on a bit it has not had an excessive amount of use and should still be very usable via a USB connection.

Now...the problem
My mac does not find the printer
The software asks to select printer
the printer is not listed
I select tick box for printer not listed and it appears
I select my printer and it states no installer available...but the printer used to be installed

Things I have tried
downloaded updated drivers/software
removed old drivers/software +++
restarted computer
restarted printer
checked all connections
checked HP website for info

imac 2.8 ghz
memory 2gb
Mac OS X 10.6.8

any help would be appreciated even if its just to make sure I am downloading the correct software/installer

Many thanks
Keith

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

9 Jan 2013 3:22AM
Are you sure that the printer is still in good working order? A year out is a lot for a used jet printer. Try it with some other computer if you can.
9 Jan 2013 7:52PM
Hi, thanks for the reply. Printer looks good to me. Turns on and everything ok. The printer has had very little use in fact it looks brand new. Just the computer doesnt seem to know it exists???
Keith
9 Jan 2013 9:47PM
The next step would be replacing the USB cable and trying to connect it to other USB socket (if available).
9 Jan 2013 11:23PM
Have tried a different socket. USB cable was working on the Kodak but I will try another cable tomorrow. Many thanks.
Keith
9 Jan 2013 11:23PM
PS...have tried it on another computer too
I think you should replace the USB cable and try to connect it to another USB port.

Printer repair services in delhi ,
Computer laptop repair services in delhi

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.