Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

I can fly!

Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
26 Sep 2012 5:39PM
Just had an email through from PR for Peli (the people who make cases)
They have a brand champion who I hadn't heard of but I took a look...incredible.

This guy throws himself off the highest places and flies down

He has a web site with dozens of videos...one shows him crashing into a rock and bouncing off.

Could you do anything like this? I certainly couldn't!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE
10 6.4k 18 England
26 Sep 2012 5:49PM
Difficult to say from the video where this was.... whether this is the North Face of the Eiger or not it certainly looks like Switzerland.

No, I could not do this nor bunging jumping or via ferrata, which I would love to have a go at ! !
mdpontin e2
10 6.0k Scotland
26 Sep 2012 6:32PM

Quote:Could you do anything like this? I certainly couldn't!

It probably helps to be totally insane first. Give it a few more years, Pete. Wink
puertouk e2
3 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
26 Sep 2012 6:42PM
Yeah, this guy broke both his legs when he hit the rocks. I suppose if you were told you had literally months to live, maybe you would have a go. I'd be a little p***ed off though if I were told at a later date I had been given the wrong diagnosis!!!
Stephen
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
26 Sep 2012 7:38PM
Not a chance but this clip did 'force' me to get the music - Sail by Awolnation - back in December last year and it's been on my lunchtime MP3 collection ever since so I hear it a few times a week Smile
MikeRC e2
9 3.5k United Kingdom
26 Sep 2012 7:39PM
I bet there are more people killed crossing the road while texting/phoning/ taking photographs, than killed doing what this guys doing....at least he's busy living while trying to kill himself Smile
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
26 Sep 2012 7:43PM
And I though I was the only 'Fruit Loop!'

AdeGrin
snapbandit e2
10 2.2k 3 Northern Ireland
26 Sep 2012 7:43PM

Quote:I bet there are more people killed crossing the road while texting/phoning/ taking photographs, than killed doing what this guys doing....at least he's busy living while trying to kill himself Smile

Just a wild guess, but there just may be just a couple more people who cross the road while texting/phoning/etc (not paying attention!) than people doing what he does!!, so the odds are more of them will be killed! Tongue
WinkWink
newfocus e2
8 644 2 United Kingdom
26 Sep 2012 7:44PM
That's one of my favourite clips - makes me smile every time I watch it and I keep going back to it. I probably would have done it if I could when I was younger - did a parachute jump once which was fantastic but then trying to follow that hobby in the UK just turned into spending lots of wet and/or windy weekends hanging around airports. So I got into more accessible stuff like riding down steep things on a mountain bike Smile
ianrobinson e2
5 1.2k 8 United Kingdom
26 Sep 2012 9:59PM
I ski every year, broke a collar bone one year, and carried on skiing, but I think I would stop at flying close to the ground at points, I am not insane yet but then I have never said no to much in life so if I were there who knows.
MikeRC e2
9 3.5k United Kingdom
26 Sep 2012 10:34PM

Quote:Just a wild guess, but there just may be just a couple more people who cross the road while texting/phoning/etc (not paying attention!) than people doing what he does!!, so the odds are more of them will be killed!

.....you reckon Smile
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
27 Sep 2012 1:41AM

Quote:Could you do anything like this? I certainly couldn't!

Not a chance.

Closest I ever came was throwing myself out of a window from a fairly great hight, resulting in 13 fractures and four months off work, not good.

Quote:I ski every year, broke a collar bone one year, and carried on skiing, but I think I would stop at flying close to the ground at points

Lol I guess you wouldn`t fancy this then Ian Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut1kGmOhzWQ
collywobles e2
10 3.4k 9 United Kingdom
27 Sep 2012 11:48AM
Its the bit between the jump off and the Parachute opening that bothers me.... Tongue
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
27 Sep 2012 12:02PM
As they say: its not the fall that kills you...
mdpontin e2
10 6.0k Scotland
27 Sep 2012 2:31PM
Or as my flying instructor told me: "Taking off, flying, landing - only the last one is compulsory" Grin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.