Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

I can fly!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318433 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2012 - 5:39 PM

Just had an email through from PR for Peli (the people who make cases)
They have a brand champion who I hadn't heard of but I took a look...incredible.

This guy throws himself off the highest places and flies down

He has a web site with dozens of videos...one shows him crashing into a rock and bouncing off.

Could you do anything like this? I certainly couldn't!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
26 Sep 2012 - 5:39 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96219 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2012 - 5:49 PM

Difficult to say from the video where this was.... whether this is the North Face of the Eiger or not it certainly looks like Switzerland.

No, I could not do this nor bunging jumping or via ferrata, which I would love to have a go at ! !

mdpontin
mdpontin  106016 forum posts Scotland
26 Sep 2012 - 6:32 PM

Quote: Could you do anything like this? I certainly couldn't!

It probably helps to be totally insane first. Give it a few more years, Pete. Wink

puertouk
puertouk  21054 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2012 - 6:42 PM

Yeah, this guy broke both his legs when he hit the rocks. I suppose if you were told you had literally months to live, maybe you would have a go. I'd be a little p***ed off though if I were told at a later date I had been given the wrong diagnosis!!!
Stephen

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 95990 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2012 - 7:38 PM

Not a chance but this clip did 'force' me to get the music - Sail by Awolnation - back in December last year and it's been on my lunchtime MP3 collection ever since so I hear it a few times a week Smile

MikeRC
MikeRC e2 Member 93488 forum postsMikeRC vcard United Kingdom
26 Sep 2012 - 7:39 PM

I bet there are more people killed crossing the road while texting/phoning/ taking photographs, than killed doing what this guys doing....at least he's busy living while trying to kill himself Smile

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114484 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2012 - 7:43 PM

And I though I was the only 'Fruit Loop!'

AdeGrin

snapbandit
snapbandit  102205 forum posts Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2012 - 7:43 PM

Quote: I bet there are more people killed crossing the road while texting/phoning/ taking photographs, than killed doing what this guys doing....at least he's busy living while trying to kill himself Smile

Just a wild guess, but there just may be just a couple more people who cross the road while texting/phoning/etc (not paying attention!) than people doing what he does!!, so the odds are more of them will be killed! Tongue
WinkWink

newfocus
newfocus  8644 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2012 - 7:44 PM

That's one of my favourite clips - makes me smile every time I watch it and I keep going back to it. I probably would have done it if I could when I was younger - did a parachute jump once which was fantastic but then trying to follow that hobby in the UK just turned into spending lots of wet and/or windy weekends hanging around airports. So I got into more accessible stuff like riding down steep things on a mountain bike Smile

ianrobinson
ianrobinson e2 Member 41107 forum postsianrobinson vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2012 - 9:59 PM

I ski every year, broke a collar bone one year, and carried on skiing, but I think I would stop at flying close to the ground at points, I am not insane yet but then I have never said no to much in life so if I were there who knows.

MikeRC
MikeRC e2 Member 93488 forum postsMikeRC vcard United Kingdom
26 Sep 2012 - 10:34 PM

Quote: Just a wild guess, but there just may be just a couple more people who cross the road while texting/phoning/etc (not paying attention!) than people doing what he does!!, so the odds are more of them will be killed!

.....you reckon Smile

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314927 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
27 Sep 2012 - 1:41 AM

Quote: Could you do anything like this? I certainly couldn't!

Not a chance.

Closest I ever came was throwing myself out of a window from a fairly great hight, resulting in 13 fractures and four months off work, not good.

Quote: I ski every year, broke a collar bone one year, and carried on skiing, but I think I would stop at flying close to the ground at points

Lol I guess you wouldn`t fancy this then Ian Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut1kGmOhzWQ

collywobles
27 Sep 2012 - 11:48 AM

Its the bit between the jump off and the Parachute opening that bothers me.... Tongue

mikehit
mikehit  46171 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
27 Sep 2012 - 12:02 PM

As they say: its not the fall that kills you...

mdpontin
mdpontin  106016 forum posts Scotland
27 Sep 2012 - 2:31 PM

Or as my flying instructor told me: "Taking off, flying, landing - only the last one is compulsory" Grin

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.