Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

I can't believe it!!!!!!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Scottjessuk
18 Mar 2012 - 9:39 PM

Hey all just as i'm getting back into my photography and my cycling I'm going to be sidelined for a few months. I was out cycling on Monday and had a nasty crash and I've broken my collar bone Sad.

I'm totally gutted because I was starting to enjoy 2012 after a slow start due to man cold (Flu) then tonsillitis and not working due to change of owner in my unfortunate general job as a bar Supervisor. I only started work 3 and a half weeks ago and I'm now signed off again.

Right now all I can think of is roll on 2013 and let's have a fresh start Grin

Hey these things happen and I'm going to try and keep myself occupied with something, so a trip down to the library to read books on tips on how to improve my flash photography.

Plus the possibility of getting an ex demo canon 5D mark II for 250 is also making me happy and hoping for a quick recovery.

Scott

Last Modified By Scottjessuk at 18 Mar 2012 - 9:40 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
18 Mar 2012 - 9:39 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
18 Mar 2012 - 9:49 PM

Wishing you a speedy recovery
a demo 5D MkII for 250!!!! that sounds like a stolen camera price to me - be careful

User_Removed
18 Mar 2012 - 10:01 PM

Think possitive Scott and I wish you a speedy recovery mate. Smile

Overread
Overread  63763 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
18 Mar 2012 - 10:06 PM

Even a 5D MkI at 250 is a great deal a MKII is indeed somewhat cause for concern unless you really trust the source well!

And yes here's to hoping for a speedy recovery - you'll just have to take up studio and one-handed shooting for a whileTongue

Scottjessuk
19 Mar 2012 - 12:37 AM

Thanks for your your words of encouragement, I need them that's for sure, having a slightly crabbier evening and stupidly it's down to my sling not sitting properly Sad It's amazing what can annoy you at times like these.

The camera is direct from canon and it's a friend of a friend who is a director at canon in the USA who is hopefully going to be sorting me up Smile I do hope I get it, if not well will just have to sell myself on the street corners Smile will be doing so for the rest if my life if that's the case Wink

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114521 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
19 Mar 2012 - 1:08 AM

Think positively Smile Collar bones fix fairly quickly and were only half way through March and the summer hasn't even started yet! A new camera at that price is sure to put a smile on anyone's mush!.......It won't be long before you'll be out and about using it. Just don't try and ride your bike at the same time Tongue Get well soon and keep yer pecker up, things could be an awful lot worse, trust me Tongue

Ade Grin

User_Removed
19 Mar 2012 - 7:08 AM

Quote: things could be an awful lot worse, trust me

I'll second that! Wink

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012604 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
19 Mar 2012 - 7:19 AM

I wish you all the best Scott Smile

peted01
peted01  571 forum posts United Kingdom
19 Mar 2012 - 9:47 AM

speedy recovery, as a cyclist myself can understand what you are going through, having been there and done it so to speak just dont jump back to soon. make sure you are properly healed before pushing it to much.
pete

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
19 Mar 2012 - 11:13 AM

I managed to start training in January (at 2 degrees). So far I've managed to avoid collisions with things bigger than myself and, after doing virtually nothing last year, am finally starting to feel my fitness levels increasing. I'm sure it won't be long before you are able to go out for a gentle ride.

In the mean time, to keep yourself happy you really need to sell that rubbish Canon stuff and buy yourself a Nikon! Tongue

Scottjessuk
19 Mar 2012 - 11:50 AM

Thanks everyone for positive suggestions and even the sell your rubbish canon stuff brought a smile to my face Grin I know things could be worse but i'm entitled to a little moan Smile

I got a bike catalogue through the post today which is just teasing Smile I love my biking as much as my photography so can't wait to heal and get back on the bike, plus I was half way through building a new one Tongue

Great to hear Ian, there is nothing better than that feeling you get when your fitness increases, you can do so much more without getting out of breath. Hope you keep at it mate Grin

Chant57
Chant57 e2 Member 8372 forum postsChant57 vcard United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
19 Mar 2012 - 1:25 PM

Just wanted to wish you a speedy recovery Scott.
I know from experience The road to recovery can be extremely frustrating and as such you are entitled to moan from time to time. Chin up. Onward and Upward!

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
19 Mar 2012 - 1:37 PM

Quote: Great to hear Ian, there is nothing better than that feeling you get when your fitness increases, you can do so much more without getting out of breath. Hope you keep at it mate

We didn't do a long distance ride last year and with the situation at work my motivation went down the pan Sad I was determined not to let that happen this year and was out as soon as the Christmas pudding settled. Smile I'm hoping to do the Way of the Roses route in August, so my target is to get up Parbold Hill without stopping or needing an iron lung at the top (about 1 miles of 14%). Living in Southport it's difficult finding a hill to cycle up.

I've just thought actually, if it is your collar bone you broke just get them to set the cast in the correct shape for you to hold the handlebars!

Scottjessuk
20 Mar 2012 - 12:10 AM

I just had a look at that Way of Roses route and that sounds like pretty good fun, hard fun though Smile, it even takes you through the Yorksire dales which I've always wanted to cycle. Good luck with your training because if you don't have much in the way of hills you may have to travel to local trails which have a slight incline. I know how you feel with motivation, It's difficult sometimes to feel motivated all the time and especially as work can get in they way of it unfortunately.

Being from Scotland that's something that I have on my door step so every cycle I do I have to take into consideration a few tough climbs. However I'm always traveling to a place called Glentress in Peebles which is just amazing, even if you unfortuanately fall off and injure yourself Tongue If you pop up to Scotland you should try out some of the 7stanes routes, they're amazing fun.

When I head off to the fracture clinic on Friday I'll suggest that cast, may draw up a few templates for them to consider Grin

peterjones
peterjones e2 Member 123934 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
20 Mar 2012 - 7:10 AM

being a bit of an exercise fan myself I wish you all the best in getting back to full health and fitness; I have had a Winter of various aches and pains limiting my running however bad things as well as good things come to an end and I am back running and feeling loads better.

Peter.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.