Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

I can't believe these are really paintings.........

rossd 11 1.1k England
9 Jun 2012 7:58PM
Some inspirational acrylic 'paintings' .................

here

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
9 Jun 2012 8:04PM
Very impressive work. Not to mention patience in spades.

Malc
rossd 11 1.1k England
9 Jun 2012 8:06PM
If I could paint like that I'd ditch my camera equipment !!
brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
9 Jun 2012 8:32PM
I suppose its no different from photographers trying to make their photographs look like oil paintings or water colours (a lot more skill involved of course Grin )

I've seen this quality of work done by air-brush artists but never acrylics, quite amazing
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
9 Jun 2012 8:40PM
Incredible skill but............... just a tad pointless? Wink
rossd 11 1.1k England
9 Jun 2012 9:12PM

Quote:.. just a tad pointless?

I suppose when you think about it, it is pointless; especially as he takes a photograph first !
9 Jun 2012 9:14PM

Quote:Incredible skill but............... just a tad pointless? Wink

How can you call anything as inspirational as these pointless??
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
9 Jun 2012 9:23PM
It might as well be a photo. There would have been some point before photography was invented, but not now.

What does it inspire?
joolsb 10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
9 Jun 2012 9:33PM

Quote:How can you call anything as inspirational as these pointless??

Inspirational? The guy has phenomenal technique but the images don't really say anything at all. For once, and possibly the only time Wink, I have to agree with CB here....
Bluetooth 7 18 England
9 Jun 2012 9:41PM
I can't get my head around the fact that they're paintings, amazing.
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
9 Jun 2012 10:05PM
Absolutely brilliant. I'd love to be able to paint like this. I'd give up photography like a shot. The only reason I took up snapping was because I can't paint for toffee.
zebraboy 10 197 Australia
9 Jun 2012 10:08PM
I agree Chris, they are brilliant.
cambirder 10 7.2k England
9 Jun 2012 11:48PM
I'm with CB on this one, paintings looking just like photographs may as well be photographs. There is no doubting the high level of skill here but its not great art.
Overread 6 3.9k 18 England
10 Jun 2012 12:11AM

Quote:I'm with CB on this one, paintings looking just like photographs may as well be photographs. There is no doubting the high level of skill here but its not great art.

mm that depends greatly on what you consider as art itself and how you're judging it.

I can certainly see the argument that these are great technical recreations of photos, but which do little to use the method in itself to extend out from the photo to increase the creativity. I can also see that many might consider some of the photos to be either bland/repetitive or overly done subjects - in this day and age with the internet we are truly so overwhelmed with visual messages and art that the bar is shifted very high indeed within focused interest groups.

That said I'd say that I find these indeed inspiring - maybe not in a sense of compositional art, but in a technical and skilled way - and I'd have great respect for a person able to use regular paints to derive such a photographic reality. Maybe one day this technical skill can be built upon - imagine what someone with this skill and the time and energy could do for something totally of their own minds creation
User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
10 Jun 2012 12:16AM
First impression Wow!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.