Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

I hate ........

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

pulsar69
pulsar69  101611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
1 Aug 2012 - 2:37 PM

Thought this would be a bit of fun ! Basically what do you hate about photos or photography , what really gets up your nose and ticks you off ? heres mine....

I hate ..... Fire Exit Signs ......... always there is bright green they seem to get into the back of every shot and I spend hours cloning the damn things out , I am sure they move around in relation to where i am in order to intrude Wink

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
1 Aug 2012 - 2:37 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
1 Aug 2012 - 2:43 PM

Flat batteries and full memory cards - they always seem to happen at the most inconvenient moment

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64426 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
1 Aug 2012 - 2:47 PM

People that won't move out of shot. You just get lined up nicely and some flamin' idiot comes and just stands right in the way. More often or not they hang around for ages while their friends join them for a lovely chat.

pulsar69
pulsar69  101611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
1 Aug 2012 - 2:54 PM

I remember doing an Urbex Pete which involved a two hour climb and a monumental task of carrying a large wooden pallet up the side of a building and risking life and death on a rotten roof to get into the building to be faced with a beautiful ruined chapel , then pointing the camera and seeing the heart sinking sign , no card in camera ... and at the time was travelling light so no spare .... that was a dissapointing moment in time !

monstersnowman

I feel your pain pulsar69 :0/

franken
franken e2 Member 123123 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
1 Aug 2012 - 3:42 PM

The day I went out with my camera, set it up on a tripod, switched it on and nothing happened as the connection between the camera and the battery was about fifteen miles apart!Sad

crookymonsta
crookymonsta e2 Member 6697 forum postscrookymonsta vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
1 Aug 2012 - 3:53 PM

The holiday we went on to Slovenia, when we opened the camera case we had every lens, filter, etc but no bodies - we are now Nikon users!

derekhansen
derekhansen e2 Member 5184 forum postsderekhansen vcard United Kingdom23 Constructive Critique Points
1 Aug 2012 - 4:20 PM

I hate it when I see a stunning sunset unfold but I dont have access to my camera equipment or I cant get to a location worth shooting.

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53613 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
1 Aug 2012 - 4:32 PM

Quote: what do you hate about photos or photography

Photons - damm buggers just seem to run away from me whenever i get the camera out - scaredy cats they are.
All I want is a quality ISO shot at f13 with enough of them to fill my sensor and freeze movement.

When out hunting the blighter's at night I only ever seem to catch enough slow ones to fill a f1.8 lens and they are crap ISO1600 quality ones too.
All the fast photons just seem to run away as fast as they can - almost at the speed of....

That's what i hate about photography - the photon recession, I bet in the golden olden days of photography there were loads but all the decent photons have already been caught an stuck on to paper by people who had to operate in dark rooms to deal with these slippery characters of light. Wink

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139419 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
1 Aug 2012 - 4:37 PM

Quote: what do you hate about photos or photography

When there's a desire to photograph (actually that desire never goes away) but inspiration fails.

fraser
fraser  10631 forum posts Scotland14 Constructive Critique Points
1 Aug 2012 - 4:43 PM

People who moan about whole genres of photography because they happen to not rate it (the derogatory term "birds on sticks" comes to mind). In my book there's room for anything wth a measure of technical competance, artisitic flair and respect for the subject.

People who say that PS is cheating. It's a means to an end. Get over it.

My 100-400 not autofocussing with my 1.4 converter. My eyes are now too old to focus these things manually.Sad

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
1 Aug 2012 - 4:58 PM

Quote: I hate it when I see a stunning sunset unfold but I dont have access to my camera equipment or I cant get to a location worth shooting.

Bit like your example...when driving to a destination on the motor way and you pass a stunning view point, but there's no where you can stop to take the shot, so you're only record is a passing memory.

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96054 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
1 Aug 2012 - 5:03 PM

My only annoyance - that I can think of right now - is my reluctance to take the camera out of the bag in town when a good pic presents itself. The other week there were three guys putting in a huge shop window - they were inside pushing it up into the space, there were orange barriers outside - it would have been perfectly framed - and twit here felt too self conscious to take a pic of them.

Maybe I should break the window so they can come out to fix it again Smile

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114521 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
1 Aug 2012 - 5:03 PM

I hate........

Everyone and everything!!! But worse of all that I hate myself even more.......

So I'm a complex neurotic bi-polar manic depressive......Deal with it, because I don't care anyway!

Oh and the shutter life on Canon cameras, yes one of my 50d's has gone down Sad

Ade.......

Who as you might have guessed is feeling a little 'low' today, now there a friggin' understatement!

mikehit
mikehit  56428 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
1 Aug 2012 - 5:04 PM

Quote: when driving to a destination on the motor way ...but there's no where you can stop to take the shot,

For me its the M40 j5 to j4 on the section raised above the fields with a red kite hanging in the wind at eye level looking for food in the field...

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.