Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

I hate zoos!!!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
alianar
alianar  582 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
20 Aug 2010 - 8:36 AM

Quote: You mean like Pot Noodles & Wham bars??

mmmmmmmmmmm... pot noodles and wham bars mmmmmmmmmm.
Tongue

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
20 Aug 2010 - 8:36 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Strobe
Strobe  71254 forum posts United States
20 Aug 2010 - 8:45 AM

Quote:
i think the idea of getting and raising animals to eat is fine because we need those proteins to survive and it is essentially part of the food chain

There is an alternative Quorn and more quorn, as a meat eater I can hardly taste the difference between their chicken and the feathered type....

Sus
Sus  93183 forum posts England9 Constructive Critique Points
20 Aug 2010 - 1:03 PM

Years since I ate quorn, not a fan of all those meat substitutes. Give me tofu any day!

alianar
20 Aug 2010 - 6:42 PM

what is quorn anyway?

User_Removed
20 Aug 2010 - 6:48 PM

It's a village in Leicestershire. Very tasty.

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84271 forum postsKarenFB vcard England163 Constructive Critique Points
20 Aug 2010 - 6:50 PM

You can find out about quorn here! Smile

Tooth
Tooth  95772 forum posts Ireland227 Constructive Critique Points
21 Aug 2010 - 12:25 AM

Quote: I can hardly taste the difference between their chicken and the feathered type....

I find the stalks in the real version a bit chewy Wink

My veggie wife has a habit of cassidiously checking the sell-by date on her quorn products. I query her as to what would happen if they went off....would they grow fungus?

alianar
21 Aug 2010 - 8:44 AM

Quote: I query her as to what would happen if they went off....would they grow fungus?

lol Smile Wink Tongue Grin

Sus
Sus  93183 forum posts England9 Constructive Critique Points
21 Aug 2010 - 8:59 AM

I might give it another try then, though I don't feel the need to include meaty type products in most meals - eat a lot of italian which just doesn't need it. I'm not totally veggie, but survive on a couple of bites of ostrich burger or venison steak a year (I like the gamier meat, also free range). One of the craziest things was introducing myxamatosis to this country. Think of all that free, free-range meat available... instead we factory farm for tasteless products.

I repeat again, factory farming is the biggest atrocity this, and many other countries commit in terms of animal welfare. And there is NO justification for it. Meat can be produced in other ways. We don't need to eat so much meat, and as for dairy, you only have to look at our increasing waistlines and health issues related to overeating to understand that its no good sitting back complacently if you're a vegetarian. It's also so easy for us to all do something about... vote with your wallet, and only buy meat and dairy that are produced under high welfare standars. Campaign your local MP. My local MP is in favour of the hideous new dairy unit proposed in Lincoln that will see cows factory farmed and milked 3 times a day, which is going to cause even more suffering than many of the poor dairy farms we already have today. Well, I've just got to convince him that I don't want to see this! (mind you didn't vote for him anyway!).

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014128 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
21 Aug 2010 - 9:12 AM

Quote: Give me tofu any day!

if you can't find any Tofu, try congealed snot...it's a very good substitute Wink

Billlee
Billlee  85531 forum posts England
21 Aug 2010 - 10:03 AM

I agree with the general gist of this thread, the animals now held in captivity, generally speaking, are well cared for, and there is legislation in place to deal with people whose standard of care falls short. Capturing and caging wild beasts no longer makes any sense!!

Like Sus,
[quote/]I repeat again, factory farming is the biggest atrocity this, and many other countries commit in terms of animal welfare. And there is NO justification for it. Meat can be produced in other ways. We don't need to eat so much meat, and as for dairy, you only have to look at our increasing waistlines and health issues related to overeating to understand that its no good sitting back complacently if you're a vegetarian. It's also so easy for us to all do something about... vote with your wallet...................
[/quote] I am not a strict vegetarian, in fact I was a very regular meat eater until a few weeks ago when I saw this DVD This is mind blowing stuff, and I challenge anyone to watch this seriously and still want to eat meat three times a day!
Eating too much meat and dairy products is a major cause of 1. Illness, including heart disease, cancer and diabetes (diabetes CURED in 2 weeks max on a plant based diet!!) 2.Animal cruelty. 3. Loss of rain forests (for every burger you eat the world lose 67square feet of rain forest!). 4.Global warming, there are so many cows in the world today that the methane they produce (mostly in flatulence) retains more heat in the upper atmosphere than the carbon dioxide produced from all exhaust and industrial emissions worldwide!

Last Modified By Billlee at 21 Aug 2010 - 10:07 AM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.