Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

I hate zoos!!!

alianar e2
5 82 2 England
20 Aug 2010 8:36AM

Quote:You mean like Pot Noodles & Wham bars??

mmmmmmmmmmm... pot noodles and wham bars mmmmmmmmmm.
Tongue

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Strobe e2
7 1.3k United States
20 Aug 2010 8:45AM

Quote:
i think the idea of getting and raising animals to eat is fine because we need those proteins to survive and it is essentially part of the food chain

There is an alternative Quorn and more quorn , as a meat eater I can hardly taste the difference between their chicken and the feathered type....
Sus e2
10 3.2k 9 England
20 Aug 2010 1:03PM
Years since I ate quorn, not a fan of all those meat substitutes. Give me tofu any day!
alianar e2
5 82 2 England
20 Aug 2010 6:42PM
what is quorn anyway?
User_Removed 7 2.2k 3 United Kingdom
20 Aug 2010 6:48PM
It's a village in Leicestershire. Very tasty.
KarenFB e2
8 4.4k 163 England
20 Aug 2010 6:50PM
You can find out about quorn here ! Smile
Tooth e2
9 5.8k 227 Ireland
21 Aug 2010 12:25AM

Quote: I can hardly taste the difference between their chicken and the feathered type....

I find the stalks in the real version a bit chewy Wink

My veggie wife has a habit of cassidiously checking the sell-by date on her quorn products. I query her as to what would happen if they went off....would they grow fungus?
alianar e2
5 82 2 England
21 Aug 2010 8:44AM

Quote:I query her as to what would happen if they went off....would they grow fungus?

lol Smile Wink Tongue Grin
Sus e2
10 3.2k 9 England
21 Aug 2010 8:59AM
I might give it another try then, though I don't feel the need to include meaty type products in most meals - eat a lot of italian which just doesn't need it. I'm not totally veggie, but survive on a couple of bites of ostrich burger or venison steak a year (I like the gamier meat, also free range). One of the craziest things was introducing myxamatosis to this country. Think of all that free, free-range meat available... instead we factory farm for tasteless products.

I repeat again, factory farming is the biggest atrocity this, and many other countries commit in terms of animal welfare. And there is NO justification for it. Meat can be produced in other ways. We don't need to eat so much meat, and as for dairy, you only have to look at our increasing waistlines and health issues related to overeating to understand that its no good sitting back complacently if you're a vegetarian. It's also so easy for us to all do something about... vote with your wallet, and only buy meat and dairy that are produced under high welfare standars. Campaign your local MP. My local MP is in favour of the hideous new dairy unit proposed in Lincoln that will see cows factory farmed and milked 3 times a day, which is going to cause even more suffering than many of the poor dairy farms we already have today. Well, I've just got to convince him that I don't want to see this! (mind you didn't vote for him anyway!).
lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
21 Aug 2010 9:12AM

Quote:Give me tofu any day!

if you can't find any Tofu, try congealed snot...it's a very good substitute Wink
Billlee e2
8 5.5k England
21 Aug 2010 10:03AM
I agree with the general gist of this thread, the animals now held in captivity, generally speaking, are well cared for, and there is legislation in place to deal with people whose standard of care falls short. Capturing and caging wild beasts no longer makes any sense!!

Like Sus,
[quote/]I repeat again, factory farming is the biggest atrocity this, and many other countries commit in terms of animal welfare. And there is NO justification for it. Meat can be produced in other ways. We don't need to eat so much meat, and as for dairy, you only have to look at our increasing waistlines and health issues related to overeating to understand that its no good sitting back complacently if you're a vegetarian. It's also so easy for us to all do something about... vote with your wallet...................
I am not a strict vegetarian, in fact I was a very regular meat eater until a few weeks ago when I saw this DVD This is mind blowing stuff, and I challenge anyone to watch this seriously and still want to eat meat three times a day!
Eating too much meat and dairy products is a major cause of 1. Illness, including heart disease, cancer and diabetes (diabetes CURED in 2 weeks max on a plant based diet!!) 2.Animal cruelty. 3. Loss of rain forests (for every burger you eat the world lose 67square feet of rain forest!). 4.Global warming, there are so many cows in the world today that the methane they produce (mostly in flatulence) retains more heat in the upper atmosphere than the carbon dioxide produced from all exhaust and industrial emissions worldwide!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.