Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

I have a Problem

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    hornchurch
    24 Dec 2011 - 11:27 AM

Hi I have a problem, I received good help and advice on here before so i hope I can ask for some more, I previously wrote on here before about a dust spot on my canon 60d camera..... I put the 17-40 lense on and did not remove it and then a spot apeared....... its sharper at smaller apertures... i ordered a blower brush a giotos rocket blower and this morning put my camera on a tripod angled it down and removed the lense and gave the inside a couple of blasts i gave the lense another blast and then put the lense back on and the result was the same that same piece of dust or grit...... i repeated this a couple of times and its still there, but there is now around 3 tiny specs dotted about so all i seem to have achieved is to make the matter worse....... the camera was switched off when i used the blower should it be switched on and maybe placed on the bulb setting...... i feel really gutted that a new camera thats only a couple of months old has this problem of course i can clone the specks out its fairly easy in elements 10 but the video footage can not be done...... any advice would be great...... David

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    24 Dec 2011 - 11:27 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Just Jas
    Just Jas  1225751 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Dec 2011 - 11:48 AM

Usually in the Menu is a setting 'Sensor Clean' where the shutter is maintained open for you to blow clean the sensor. The manual should explain.

Hope this helps
    jas

elkiebrooks
    24 Dec 2011 - 11:55 AM

To me it appears that there is a stubborn piece of dust on your sensor. If no amount of blowing with the blower brush doesn't remove it then a full on sensor clean maybe in order. There are various bits of kit to do this but I swear by the visible dust system. www.visibledust.com

PLEASE NOTE. If you are unsure about doing a full sensor clean yourself I would get a professional to carry it out for you.

Last Modified By elkiebrooks at 24 Dec 2011 - 11:55 AM
    User_Removed
    24 Dec 2011 - 12:05 PM

It's almost certainly on your sensor but you need to test shoot with a different lens to make sure it's not on your lens. The mirror needs to be up when you clean the sensor, don't do this with bulb mode but use the sensor cleaning mode.

Instead of using a Butterfly or whatever, cleaning the whole sensor and hoping you get the spot get a sensor loupe (here around 30).

It makes such a difference when you can see the dust spot you're targeting.

hornchurch
    24 Dec 2011 - 1:42 PM

Hi as always thanks for your help...... well I have had a real mission...... I took the good advice done the sensor cleaning mode.. which locked up the mirror blasted with the rocket blower and I managed to move it first higher then away altogether it took several attemps before it went ...... I have a few tiny specs which I can clone out using elements 10 or lightroom this spec I removed was so large it was clear to be seen on video footage...... in all I am a lot happier and can relax this christmas now...... Thanks to All David

stevew10000
    stevew10000 e2 Member 259 forum postsstevew10000 vcard United Kingdom
    30 Dec 2011 - 8:47 AM

I always have mine cleaned about once every 4 months by Calumet near Euston. I work in London a couple of days a week. Drop it off with them when I arrive and collect when going back. They will also do, at extra cost, a while you wait clean.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.