Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

i have worked my magic again on computers

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    mark1b
    mark1b  130 forum posts United Kingdom
    7 Mar 2013 - 7:06 PM

Well earlier i was viewing utube on my tv via lappy and i was told to press F5 with fn for only tv to show utube but that never worked so i tried ctrl,fn,alt and shift with different f numbers. whilst what i wanted to do was a achieved i didn't realise that i now can't move the down arrow,right arrow or numbers or anything else on those keys but can use all the number keypad and arrows. So i need some help please the lappy is only a week old tho.

thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    7 Mar 2013 - 7:06 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Andy_Cundell
    7 Mar 2013 - 7:26 PM

Can you take a picture of your keyboard and post so I can tell you which keys to press!!

mark1b
    7 Mar 2013 - 7:26 PM

ok..

Andy_Cundell
    7 Mar 2013 - 7:28 PM

(well, it is a photography site!!!)Blush

Andy_Cundell
    7 Mar 2013 - 7:31 PM

After that, goto your control panel and the monitor option, see if there is anything to click in there.

Andy_Cundell
    7 Mar 2013 - 7:35 PM

You may have to select the laptop to use the 'second' screen in the monitor option, what lapyop is it and what os are u using? windows??

mark1b
    7 Mar 2013 - 7:42 PM

its in my portfolio. i know how to do that screen thing its f four windows eight hp pavilion g six

mark1b
    7 Mar 2013 - 8:34 PM

anyone???? i have even more problems now i didnt realise that if i use my email on on lappy from hotmail i cant use my hotmail on fone now i cant even get in to that

CTee
    CTee  763 forum posts United Kingdom
    7 Mar 2013 - 9:01 PM

Hi I have one of the laptops you are using, you will find that by default the function keys will work as the options on them eg pressing F2 adjusts the brightness where you would have been used using it to rename a file.

You need to press the fn key to make use of the function key!

Another is for Shift+Insert for pasting becomes fn+Shift+Insert.

It is possible to change the default setting to be the function key action and then would need to press the fn key to complete the other assigned function. eg fn+f9 reduce volume.

The default setting is changed in the BIOS if I remember correctly I will take a look and see if I can find that info.

And yes it drove my mad until I discovered this!!!!!!!!!

CTee
    7 Mar 2013 - 9:14 PM

Hi,

To change the way the key work you need to enter the BIOS settings press ESC+F10 on startup, enter the BIOS setup, move across to the System Configuration Tab, down to the Action Keys option and change the setting, exit and save the changes an you will find that now you have the F keys working by default and need to press fn+f key for an action to occur, you still have to use fn+shift+insert so CTRL+V becomes quicker!!!

CTee
    7 Mar 2013 - 9:17 PM

You will also find that F4 or fn+F4 if yiu change it brings up the options for extended screens / duplicate etc and WINDOWS+P does the same.

mark1b
    7 Mar 2013 - 9:46 PM

SadSad nah not working

mark1b
    8 Mar 2013 - 10:00 AM

phoned HP and its a broken keyboard on a seven day old lappySadSadSadSadSadSadSadSad

Last Modified By mark1b at 8 Mar 2013 - 10:05 AM
    User_Removed
    8 Mar 2013 - 8:50 PM

That figures http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bathtub_curve

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.