Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

I'm a newbie ........ help

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

snaps98
snaps98  5
10 Sep 2009 - 8:03 PM

Hi I'm new here / How do I post questions in the forum, and see my replies.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
10 Sep 2009 - 8:03 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

snaps98
snaps98  5
10 Sep 2009 - 8:04 PM

lol well i GUess I just figured it out........ sort of. How do I go about introducing myself in the intro section ?

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318447 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
10 Sep 2009 - 8:10 PM

Welcome to the site. You are in the intro section, just say what you want in the same way as you have this post.
Or do you mean in your profile? If so, go to the blue box on the right and click on "my profile" to edit the various settings.

snaps98
snaps98  5
10 Sep 2009 - 8:36 PM

thanks for the reply pete.
Yes I am an amature photographer with the goal of one day traveling the globe to capture the beauty of the earth.
So any info , tips I recieve are greatly appreciated when it comes to photography.
mind you I am still sitting with a crappy 5 mega pixel camara , and need an upgrade stat.
But I have a good eye and now I just need the people in the know to help me along .

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84292 forum posts England163 Constructive Critique Points
10 Sep 2009 - 8:42 PM

Hi Veronica, welcome to EPZ - I see you've met the 'Boss'! Wink

It's brilliant here, packed full of knowledgeable folk only too willing to help and answer any questions! Smile Sit back, join in and enjoy!

Sus
Sus  93183 forum posts England9 Constructive Critique Points
10 Sep 2009 - 8:58 PM

Hi veronica, 5mpx is not crappy, in fact i miss my old one. More just clog up your disk space! good luck!

snaps98
snaps98  5
10 Sep 2009 - 9:05 PM

thanks karen. I would love to be able to post some of my pictures on here someday soon, there going to look amaturish but I have done the best I can with the camaras I have .
But I want to keep increasing the camara mega pixels and what I can do with each camara gradually so I can see the differences .
How long have you all been doing photography?

Sus
Sus  93183 forum posts England9 Constructive Critique Points
10 Sep 2009 - 9:16 PM

I started 5 or 6 years ago, when our lodger got a digital camera - I got intrigued - then he bought another one by accident, but preferred his first, so I bought the second one off him. Then I found here...

snaps98
snaps98  5
10 Sep 2009 - 9:33 PM

I'm the only one in my close group of friends who is into photography , so it's nice to have a group who is doing it and can answer any questions I may have .
I've always loved pictures , taking them and admiring them but it's been the past close to 4 years that I have been taking pictures actively for the purpopse of creating a portfolio.
I'm a bit of a camara virgin, so at this stage in my knowledge talk of SLR's all the tidbits scares me ........ but in a good way. anyone else feel the same?

paulett
paulett  5 United Kingdom
10 Sep 2009 - 9:58 PM

welcome snap98 i have been on this site for a month
and it is brilliant,

paula

Paree
Paree  9594 forum posts3 Constructive Critique Points
10 Sep 2009 - 11:07 PM

Hi Veronica, welcome to EPZ -
I see your page is up and running so how about posting something so we can have a look
dont worry about being a novice
there is lots of people who will help and encourage you here

well done you have chosen the correct site lol

paree

andylea
andylea  537 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
10 Sep 2009 - 11:59 PM

hi veronica wlcome to EPZ
you have joined the best site on the web to improve your photography full of the most brilliant people you could wish to meet look forward to seeing your work
all the best Wink
andy

Oh_zone
Oh_zone  5 United Kingdom
11 Sep 2009 - 1:40 PM

Or do you mean in your profile? If so, go to the blue box on the right and click on "my profile"

Am I going daft, I don't see a blue box on the right saying "my profile"

snaps98
snaps98  5
11 Sep 2009 - 2:57 PM

thanks everyone for the replies, I am having issues with my computer at home and have not yet posted any pictures, but the minute I can I'm going to.
As a beginner, is it wise to invest in something of a more expensive camara such as a SLR or should I just move to one with more mega pixels . SLR's I call them clickity clicks kinda make me nervous, but their beatiful .

collywobles
11 Sep 2009 - 4:27 PM

Quote: I am still sitting with a crappy 5 mega pixel camara

Dont knock 5MP camera's. I frequently use my Canon G5 (5MP) instead of my Canon 20D's and get very good pics at that. Its the photographer not the camera that creates great pics. Do not rush into new camera's until you are sure what you want. Upload some pics and I bet it wont be the camera that gets the critique!

Last Modified By collywobles at 11 Sep 2009 - 4:30 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.