Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

I'm a winner!

5 Feb 2013 8:14AM
This year has started out rather well! In January we came back from a holiday to see family in Australia to find that I had won the RSPB monthly lottery of 1000 and this yesterday I won the Dell laptop computer here on ephotozine! How good is THAT!

Needless to say I have just been on line to buy a Lottery ticket Grin

ENTER THE COMPETITIONS! YOU MAY NOT WIN BUT IF YOU DON'T ENTER YOU WONT!

CC

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Baden 2 156 United Kingdom
5 Feb 2013 8:17AM
Well done and congratulations CC, so what numbers did you get on your lottery ticket? lol Smile
Techno 6 1.0k 8 England
5 Feb 2013 8:37AM
Good on yer mate! Congratulations..Smile
edtaylor 3 104 United Kingdom
5 Feb 2013 9:00AM
Well done there.
MG1964 3 12 England
5 Feb 2013 1:49PM
Wow, what a fabulous start to the year. Smile
Ewanneil 4 1.1k 2 Scotland
5 Feb 2013 2:28PM
Congratulations. I wish I knew your secret because the last thing I won was a 10 bob postal order for getting a letter printed in the Valiant comic back in 1968. A nice start to the year - enjoy your good fortune. Smile
JackAllTog e2
5 3.7k 58 United Kingdom
5 Feb 2013 2:39PM
True - You gotta be in it to win it and the probability prophet is a pretty random lad who'll never find you without your entry.
Double congratulations. Fingers crossed for a triple sooner than later Smile
p12owe 1 101 2 United Kingdom
5 Feb 2013 2:47PM
Well done!
I've given up with the competitions... only ever get "not placed" in the photo comps and didn't even win the capture one express at xmas (and there were supposed to be 30,000 of them!)

Still I suppose someone has to be unlucky for someone else to be lucky!Tongue
JackAllTog e2
5 3.7k 58 United Kingdom
5 Feb 2013 2:56PM

Quote: I've given up with the competitions... only ever get "not placed" in the photo comps

I think Its often about the others quality more than me - so if there is a weak set of other entries then i stand a chance Smile some comps have tiny amounts of entries - your odds can go down to 1 in 100. Also I generally prefer non skill based comps as we all can win Smile
Peter, I'm in awe of your work and even i've been placed once Smile so hang in there - it will happen when the mix is right.
p12owe 1 101 2 United Kingdom
5 Feb 2013 3:05PM

Quote:
Peter, I'm in awe of your work and even i've been placed once Smile so hang in there - it will happen when the mix is right.

Thanks jackalltog ... I'm just getting a bit frustrated at the moment. I started a year and a half ago as a totally inept photographer, but he better I think I am getting with my camera, the worse I do. I'm desperately trying to work out where I'm going wrong and where to go next!
saltireblue e2
4 4.1k 26 Norway
5 Feb 2013 3:07PM
Double congrats, CC. Good to set a high standard for the rest of the year.

Personally, I was very chuffed to win the last of the 4 e2 memberships that were up for grabs in the Jan. comp . Even more so when you look at the 'opposition'. I now do not have to fork out again until July 2015, which is nice for a canny scot.Wink

Malc
JackAllTog e2
5 3.7k 58 United Kingdom
5 Feb 2013 3:26PM

Quote:the better I think I am getting with my camera, the worse I do...
LOL i know that feeling in fact i think many many people know that feeling. I console myself in this with the fact that actually I now see more of the areas for improvement than I ever did. Have to be careful not to get sucked away from the art and into the techniques as you learn them.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.