Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

I'm feeling left out! - Website Review

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

wotashot
wotashot  102249 forum posts
10 Aug 2006 - 8:26 AM

I've never fancied airing my website to the masses on here for the one simple reason that it usually ends up with people slagging other people off and lots of bad press and publicity.

But i'm feeling left out so I thought what the heck - i'll put it out there.

PunchyPictures.com

Opinions on all aspects of the website are welcome,

jamie

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
10 Aug 2006 - 8:26 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
10 Aug 2006 - 8:29 AM

Quote: Not Found
The requested URL /gallery/orson020606\index.htm was not found on this server.

conrad
conrad  1010877 forum posts116 Constructive Critique Points
10 Aug 2006 - 8:33 AM

Opens fine for me. Site works. But I'm not keen on the grey background and the orange and blue borders around images, nor on the orange and yellow texts, nor on the url text on larger images. But I suppose the site does serve its purpose.

Conrad

Jay44
Jay44  81443 forum posts Wales
10 Aug 2006 - 8:33 AM

Looks great Jamie

One suggestion, have an option to return to the home page from your galleries instead of having to click the back button!

Smile

wotashot
10 Aug 2006 - 8:35 AM

Whoops - put the slash the wrong way round! Sorted now.

When i've got a few more galleries on the site i'll organise the three gallery links on the homepage so they go to sub menu's for Press, Sport and Music catagories.

Jamie

CanonMan
CanonMan e2 Member 13489 forum postsCanonMan vcard England4 Constructive Critique Points
10 Aug 2006 - 8:38 AM

Jamie,

Watch your spelling and grammar too. "Two field blaze's" should be Two field blazes.

It might sound picky, but there are still lots of people out there in the real world who are keen on these things and things like poor spelling and grammar could put them off.

agoreira
agoreira  116001 forum posts Wales
10 Aug 2006 - 8:44 AM

Had a quick look, and sorry, but it didn't do a lot for me. Didn't really go for the red text (I can see why you chose it), disliked the adverts, and think the main photo is anything but a "punchy photo". Not sure who would be excited by a modest grass fire. :-(

wotashot
10 Aug 2006 - 8:44 AM

Picture Editor of the Local Rag?

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318459 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
10 Aug 2006 - 8:46 AM

You lower the value of your site with the message about advertising. I'd suggest you indicate how much it costs. Maybe a message that says something like: Your advert could be here - click for details. If that's your main business web site I feel you need more variety of subjects. Three shoots hardly instills confidence that you have experience to do
Quote: all manner of Sports,Press, PR, Advertising, Music,Gig and Event photography

CanonMan
CanonMan e2 Member 13489 forum postsCanonMan vcard England4 Constructive Critique Points
10 Aug 2006 - 8:48 AM

Lots of broken links on your gallery archive page...

agoreira
agoreira  116001 forum posts Wales
10 Aug 2006 - 8:53 AM

Quote: Picture Editor of the Local Rag?

I wouldn't have thought so. If you had captured a raging fire, or something similar, possibly, but a parked fire engine on some smouldering grass hardly conveys a sense of danger. I'm sorry, in my humble opinion, it's not punchy.
You did say, "Opinions on all aspects of the website are welcome"

wotashot
10 Aug 2006 - 8:57 AM

Thanks for your honest repies - i'll never get it right if I don't listen to the public opinion, i appreciate it.

Pete - if you take a look in the gallery archive you'll see another 3 (so thats 6 whoo hoo) still not many i know.

As I said above, when there is a little more up on the site i'll make those 3 links into catagory headers for Press, Sport and Music.

This site is still very much in the process of being built up. The site that most of my business comes through at present is SYKC-Pix, for now it merely serves a purpose and isn't bringing in business, more maintaining current business.

Spelling and grammar has been sorted, not usually a problem but the nature in which I upload the shots means i'm rushing anyway.

Navigation ie. back buttons will get sorted in due course, what would you say if the PP header image was also a link to the homepage? would that do it?

Jamie

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012610 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
10 Aug 2006 - 9:05 AM

Although the pictures load quickly (the ones that were there), I don't really see a professional web site. Adverts cheapen and dominate it, and the layout is somewhat average. A logo that big needs to say something, it looks a bit, well, 70s. Needs more photographs of your ability too, doesn't at the moment inspire me to hire you.

The message it gives me is that it looks like its been a rush job to put together.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318459 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
10 Aug 2006 - 9:07 AM

Gallery archive? missed it... change the link colour. If you like the colour scheme use yellow as unvisited and orange (which doesn't have enough contrast so I missed it) as visited.

wotashot
10 Aug 2006 - 9:14 AM

Lets just get one thing straight - there are no missing pictures. There are some blank spaces where pictures will go when they are uploaded, but your not missing out on anything.

I'm going to put a blank image in and change the text so its more obvious.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.