Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

I'm getting no appreciation!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014736 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
13 May 2011 - 11:48 AM

yeah - that was a problem on the day really, light stand not high enough to point the light down (and avoid the shadow), too windy for a brolly to soften the shadow (would have blown straight over and smashed the flash), the main light had a brolly and an assistant holding it

lots of interesting issues to overcome with strobist, that's why I love doing it.

was on Scammonden Moor with 3 people in business wear and an assistant holding the flash... bare flash.... so windy it was hard to stand up

some cracking shots though, the wind made their expressions much more interesting and the sky was from a horror movie Wink

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
13 May 2011 - 11:48 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

joolsb
joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
13 May 2011 - 12:06 PM

I'm not sure these are the sort of models the OP had in mind, Ade.... Wink

ade_mcfade
13 May 2011 - 12:13 PM

ah - not read that fully reallly... will go back and try again Wink

ade_mcfade
13 May 2011 - 12:14 PM

ah - he's on about wasps...

very strange

joolsb
joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
13 May 2011 - 12:22 PM

It takes all sorts, Ade. I suppose he must get a buzz out of it.

ade_mcfade
13 May 2011 - 12:39 PM

lol - nowt wrong with wasps.... but expecting appreciation from them is pushing it a little too far Wink

I photograph buildings and they never say anything, occasionally they'll creek I guess...

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 63280 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
13 May 2011 - 12:42 PM

Or maybe he was on a sting?

ade_mcfade
13 May 2011 - 12:48 PM

terrible puns...... whatever NEST?

ho ho ho

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53537 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
13 May 2011 - 2:05 PM

Quote: ........ empty comments passed on from one to another as a mark of politeness; not a true measure of the worth ....

Sculptures and Carpenters and Painters and and competent person applying a skill in a creative way would say the same, their work does not thank them and their audience does often not understand them.
I sometimes only see what i want to see in my photo's but after i've forgot them if you showed them as yours i'd notice them far less positively than my own. One of my recent uploads had big dust bunnies all over it - i didn't even notice it till some one elese kindly mentioned it.

I might swat that wasp after having it pose for me, so i don't expect it to fully appreciate my capturing its last moments.

Now if i'd taught the wasp to take photo's then i'd be very interested in "its" photos.

Keep up the good fight there Alex you have some amazing weapons of a macro distruction and these alone are of interest Smile as well as all the things we'll never see without you.

Stuart

Last Modified By JackAllTog at 13 May 2011 - 2:06 PM
ianrobinson
ianrobinson e2 Member 41107 forum postsianrobinson vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
14 May 2011 - 10:43 AM

apologies overread i am missing your point here and very badly at that, i see where your coming from now.
i AM very slow on the uptake hey lol......
forget my last post please as i can't seem to get rid of it now.
humor is a good thing as long as we understand it lol.

Overread
Overread  63746 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
15 May 2011 - 11:42 PM

Thanks guys GrinGrin

And no worries for those that went off at a slight tangent Tongue the words are well said and certainly might help a few who brows the site wondering similar thoughts (though maybe not worried about dangerous wasps).

Only downside is after a few days I've still not found the offending Wasp (it and me made a very quick separation once I found out what was on my hand). It's still out there -- somewhere!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.