Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

I'm looking for a D4

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    779HOB
    779HOB  21020 forum posts United Kingdom
    22 Jul 2013 - 7:11 AM

I'm looking to buy a D4 and although I have found a couple of good looking second-hand ones I wanted to just see if anyone here was selling, or thinking of selling theirs. I would rather deal with an EPZer than a complete stranger.

So, if you are selling, or know someone who is, then either drop me a PM or reply here........

Thank you. Andy

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    22 Jul 2013 - 7:11 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

thewilliam
    22 Jul 2013 - 9:53 AM

There don't seem to be many secondhand D4 cameras on offer so I assume it's so good that users want to keep them!

779HOB
    22 Jul 2013 - 10:33 AM

They do seem hard to find second-hand so the value of them seems to be keeping high. I'm looking at a new one now as the price isn't that much different and a 2 year warranty is attractive. I've been talking to the guys at Clifton Cameras who I normally buy from and think we are close to doing a deal.

Always makes me a little scared spending this sort of cash but I need an upgrade and feel the D4 is the one. I am needing to take a second camera with me more and more now and feel the current D700 I have will make a great second body. Currently using a D300 as a second and finding it a bit limiting now in ISO and speed, even though it's FPS rate is about the same as the 700 it seems sluggish. Also being asked more for short video content to by the papers so the addition of the video option will mean I can leave the separate video camera at home.

Now I expect to get a load of replies saying how rubbish the D4 is!

thewilliam
    22 Jul 2013 - 3:17 PM

It all comes down to the nature of your work.

There's a good reason why the single-digit Nikons are much more expensive than the second tier. You need to ask whether you need what it offers. Firstly, they're made to withstand the rigours of press photography - handling that's anything but gentle and in any weather. Then there's the longevity and the stated 400k actuations is probably quite conservative. Several friends have put a million frames on the clock and they're still reliable.

Some lesser models will offer the same high ISO performance and the same image quality. The D800 is a great camera until you drop it!

Gundog
    Gundog  1624 forum posts Scotland
    22 Jul 2013 - 4:09 PM

"Watched" a couple on eBay a couple of weeks ago. One went for 3490 and the other for 3620 so, as noted above, second-hand prices do seem to be holding up very well.

779HOB
    23 Jul 2013 - 12:21 AM

Well, having talked to Clifton Cameras and got a deal I am happy with I am now the owner of a D4. Only played with it for a little bit tonight but I am very impressed with it so far. I'm really looking forward to having some proper time with it next week.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.