Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

I'm Mad Mad Mad

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

minicooper
22 Jul 2013 - 9:35 PM

Sorry guys. Rant. Yesterday I went to my local Race For Life. My work plays a big part and many of my colleagues take part. I went along to take some images for my social network site and maybe give work a few. I went in my own time and in was in no way playing an official part in the day. Took images of the day. It took place in public park and was not challenged by any official every body was very happy. Of course I got little teasing off my work colleagues which I expected. After the event took camera into work and showed the images on the back. No one had a problem. Today however I was approached by two female colleagues. Who asked me did I any images at the event. I said yes. One of them said about children under fourteen and they were not happy. She said she wanted to see my images. I told her she no right to challenge me as was in my own time and it was a public area. She said she still wanted to see them. Which set off the deep ending again repeating my position. I was later had an informal talk my personel manager where yet again I stated my case. Your thoughts please
Dennis Minicooper

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
22 Jul 2013 - 9:35 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014002 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
22 Jul 2013 - 9:41 PM

Quote: One of them said about children under fourteen and they were not happy.

So, what?/ If they were clothed then what would be the issue?

keithh
keithh  1022720 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
22 Jul 2013 - 9:45 PM

Ask them if they intend to contact every other photgrapher at the event including the local press guy.

Listen to their half baked stuttering nonsensical reply and tell them to shove it.

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110146 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
22 Jul 2013 - 9:47 PM

then again, why not show them the images and asked how many they would like to buy? Tongue

minicooper
22 Jul 2013 - 9:50 PM

They all had sports kit on and some in fancy dress. Just daft stuff. Some ladies had gone around the course with their babies in prams. I saw no problem with taking images of them.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 813402 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
22 Jul 2013 - 9:52 PM

Tell them they could either call the police or shove it up theirs.

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 103995 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
22 Jul 2013 - 9:53 PM

They had no right to challenge you, particularly in your workplace. You should raise a grievance with your manager.

monstersnowman
22 Jul 2013 - 9:54 PM

The same women may moan when they can't video their school play or sports day. We get the mad world we deserve.

Are you in the right - yes
Are they overreacting - almost certainly yes
Will pandering to them make things worse in future for other photographers - probably yes
Would not cooperating cause friction at work - possibly yes
Would I give in to their paranoia - nope
Do I always make sensible decisions - nope

It's your call mate because only you know the effect this could have if you stand up for what is right on a principle. Good luck. Just wondering tho - was the informal chat with personnel instigated by you or by them? If it was instigated by personnel I would not be happy that this matter was happening in the workplace whether formal or informal as it isnt a work issue. The two women shouldn't have brought this personal matter of their own unreasonable paranoia to the workplace. Good luck.

Last Modified By monstersnowman at 22 Jul 2013 - 9:58 PM
teepee
teepee  11612 forum posts England
22 Jul 2013 - 10:02 PM

Where do you work? In a KGB building?

redsnappa
redsnappa  111895 forum posts United Kingdom
22 Jul 2013 - 10:03 PM

That story explains why I keep work and my private life totally separate

NaturesHaven
NaturesHaven e2 Member 2246 forum postsNaturesHaven vcard England5 Constructive Critique Points
22 Jul 2013 - 10:12 PM

The women are probably paid up members of the Harriet Harman Appreciation Society....................and I cannot see what it has to do with HR.........it was in your own time and in a public place...........they are the ones who need to learn the law............good luck and keep taking pictures.........GrinGrinGrinGrinGrin

cambirder
cambirder  107202 forum posts England
22 Jul 2013 - 10:44 PM

I would imagine HR would get involved if a number of employees were having a despute that got out of hand for any reason, and these ridiculous types of argument can get rather emotional.

The thing to do is not to tell people to F off but to stay calm and stick to your rights.

Quite what Harriot Harmon has got to do with this I don't know, the 2 complainants happen to be women, but in general those paranoid idiots who see peodophiles round every corner seem to come from both sexes in my experience.

Last Modified By cambirder at 22 Jul 2013 - 10:44 PM
dcash29
dcash29  81887 forum posts England
22 Jul 2013 - 11:22 PM

I wouldn't show them any pictures. Note the time and date they first approach you and write down details.

If they come around bothering you again, inform them that you are now classing this as harassment and as said earlier, raise a grievance with your manager.

Seems the only way to treat these kinda people.

Skeet1Away
Skeet1Away e2 Member 238 forum postsSkeet1Away vcard Scotland1 Constructive Critique Points
22 Jul 2013 - 11:41 PM

That's a real shame.......what has the world come to.........I'm doing a shoot a my wee girls tae kwon do class on Thursday night to send to the local paper and have always had the support of the other parents there when doing class shots, I can't believe people would feel like that of documenting such an worth while event.....I would consider this harassment.

Paul.

bigalguitarpicker
22 Jul 2013 - 11:51 PM

Where's my post gone? About being totally politically incorrect and telling them all to F**K O*F?
Is EPZ censoring my posts? If that's the case, EPZ can F**K O*F along with the rest of them.

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 23 Jul 2013 - 7:43 AM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.