Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

I'm Mad Mad Mad

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

mikehit
mikehit  46186 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
23 Jul 2013 - 11:27 AM

Quote:
In your position, I'd just post something on the company notice board that explains that, due to complaints received, you've decided to delete all pictures taken at the event.

That's an extreme reaction to two people - minicooper has shown the images to other people at work with no problems. If these two women insist on stirring it, I can easily see most people telling them not to be so stupid.
In minicooper's position I may well have refused to show the images to these two snoopers, but would almost certainly have shown them to the manager who saw fit to discuss it with him if only to show them up as nothing more than interfering busybodies.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
23 Jul 2013 - 11:27 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Snappypappy
Snappypappy e2 Member 1Snappypappy vcard United Kingdom
23 Jul 2013 - 12:11 PM

I would say to them' before I show you the pictures please put your assumptions and fears in writing because I shall be contacting my solicitor...'

Its a disgrace but no doubt some are decended from the days of burning people on bonfires.

simmybear
simmybear  832 forum posts
23 Jul 2013 - 12:16 PM

I suppose the old auapertition of more primative days that the camera steals their souls might apply? And in some ways it does because as in this case it has shown these particular people "warts and all" in their draconian reaction to having a picture taken.

Do they complain everytime they walk past a CCTV camera?

simmybear
simmybear  832 forum posts
23 Jul 2013 - 12:17 PM

I can't spell or type lol superstition

Snappypappy
Snappypappy e2 Member 1Snappypappy vcard United Kingdom
23 Jul 2013 - 12:25 PM

Youve done it now simmy. They'll be out in force storming the razor wire and shimming up the poles.

No offence to Poles by the way.

Lynx08
Lynx08 e2 Member 61232 forum postsLynx08 vcard England
23 Jul 2013 - 1:30 PM

I'm not a marathon runner, but if you sign up for the London Marathon do you sign a disclaimer for photos and video taken by the BBC etc?
I would have thought if you're happy to be out in a public place in whatever state of dress or undress how can complain about someone taking your picture? You're there for the whole world to see!

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43659 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
23 Jul 2013 - 3:46 PM

If their complaint to you did not involve images taken by you of their children, then they are merely stirring it and have no reason to even broach the subject with you.
If they are still on your case, a complaint to your HR dept. about being harassed should do the trick as this is not work related in any way or form. You weren't there representing your employer in any form or fashion, so any complaints they may have should be addressed away from the workplace. I presume you also took photos of people that do not work at your firm?

Malc

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43659 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
23 Jul 2013 - 3:56 PM

BTW...you haven't been to Annan recently have you?Grin

Last Modified By saltireblue at 23 Jul 2013 - 3:56 PM
Andy_Cundell
23 Jul 2013 - 6:03 PM

Dennis, just show them the photo's and when they 'have a go' at you, print off the photography in public places guide from this site and give it to her!Blush

minicooper
24 Jul 2013 - 12:46 AM

Thanks for the replies. Yep I took pictures of the event over all. Some of colleagues some not of colleagues. I tried to get a general feel by taking images of all ages after all ages were taken part. Fancy dress pets detail shots. My manager who had spoken to me had already seen the images. She herself said there was nothing wrong with them. Anyway after reviewing my images I can't see any of the two complainers. Now out of principle I'm not taking them back into work.

derekhansen
derekhansen e2 Member 5183 forum postsderekhansen vcard United Kingdom21 Constructive Critique Points
24 Jul 2013 - 12:56 PM

What a great shame and a sad indictment of the paranoid times we live in. Unfortunately there are lots of shallow and poorly informed people out there just looking to create some drama whenever they see the chance.

minicooper
25 Jul 2013 - 10:48 PM

Okay ready for the latest guys. Two more things. I was talking to someone at work but I had clocked off. Just generally sounding off. Yet again another female colleague jumped into the conversion with 'I'm one of those people if makes your works colleague uncomfortable don't you think you should stop' I replied no I admit rather angry because I was taken back. Today I get a facebook message telling me to they're going to me sacked. As I said I've done nothing wrong and have acted within the law. Serval staff have already seen the images and had no problem with them including supervisory staff. All I've done is take a few images at local charity event. I would of gladly given a few to work but I feel I've been victimised strange thro a few months ago I took photos of staff football match under the same conditions. Nobody had a problem then!

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110181 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2013 - 10:52 PM

In my view its time to have a serious discussion with your HR department about the fact you are feeling bullied by several member of staff. They have no right to behave in this way and are clearly attempting to intimidate you. Take a copy of the facebook page with you as part of your evidence and suggest that you would like to start a grievance procedure regarding this

conrad
conrad  1010873 forum posts116 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2013 - 10:55 PM

This is going from bad to worse. If I were you, I'd consider filing a harassment complaint.

monstersnowman
25 Jul 2013 - 11:20 PM

Copy the FB page immediately before anything is deleted.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.