Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

I'M new to this site

6 Sep 2008 10:09AM
Hi everyone, As you can see I'm new here but do know a few of you. Can't say I'm much of a photogapher. Used to own a beautiful old canon SLR inherited from my dad but went to use it one day many years ago and it had just disappeared out of my life. Since then I've taken the easy road, (no SLR) and still don't own one but I love my Panasonic Lumix DMC TZ2 and I know I won't be considered a "serious" photographer until I'm using a digital SLR but you'll just have to put up with me, 'cos I'm not going away!!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pennyspike 11 2.1k 29 United Kingdom
6 Sep 2008 10:28AM

Quote:I know I won't be considered a "serious" photographer until I'm using a digital SLR but you'll just have to put up with me, 'cos I'm not going away!!
#
Welcome and we very much hope you don't go awaySmile
We look forward to seeing your uploads, no matter which camera is used. It's the person behind the camera that makes the picture. Smile
nikon e2
11 117 1 England
6 Sep 2008 10:29AM
Welcome Jennifer,
We are not all equipment freiks here. Its about enjoying what you do and sharing with others. Some of the wonderful images you will see on here are taken with fairly basic equipment by enthusiastic photographers. You will find this site friendly, helpful and addictive.
Look forward to seeing your images.

Dave.
Stuart463 e2
7 588 United Kingdom
6 Sep 2008 10:31AM
Welcome to epz Jennifer. I have learned a lot from this site - especially it's not what you use - it's how you use what you have got.

Regards, Stuart
dragarth 10 247 1 Scotland
6 Sep 2008 10:22PM

Quote:Quote:I know I won't be considered a "serious" photographer until I'm using a digital SLR but you'll just have to put up with me, 'cos I'm not going away!!#
Welcome and we very much hope you don't go away
We look forward to seeing your uploads, no matter which camera is used. It's the person behind the camera that makes the picture.

very true....
anyway theres a few here including me who are faw from serious even with a dslr!!

welcome a-board
Sean
7 Sep 2008 6:04AM
Thanks for all the welcoming words and encouragement . I had a go at uploading my first photo last night but without success. This is all pretty new to me but I've got a couple of friends who can help. So hopefully soon I will upload my first image.
KarenFB 8 4.4k 163 England
7 Sep 2008 7:18AM
Hi Jennifer, welcome to EPZ!!

Sorry to hear you're having problems - there are lots of knowledgeable folks on here and they're usually lurking 24/7 (well, it seems like it!). What's your problem, they may be able to help? - I say 'they', I am a total illiterate when it comes to the computer/internet! Smile
7 Sep 2008 1:27PM
Thanks Karen, I've now down loaded Easy Thumbnails and resized my image. Then couldn't find it anywhere. Eventually discovered it in the same file it came from. Yeeha. I've done it!! My first upload now available for everyones perusal.
jeanie e2
10 6.0k 6 United Kingdom
7 Sep 2008 3:39PM
Hello Jennifer and welcome to EPZ Smile
8 Sep 2008 1:39PM
jeanie, just had a look at your gallery. you certainly give me great inspiration and something to aspire to. thankyou
jennifer

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.