Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

I'm outta here!!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

MichaelMelb_AU
29 Aug 2013 - 11:52 PM

People come and go for their own reasons. Should it be discussed? Yes, if the person is not sure and asking other's opinion. Here we see something like a courtesy "goodbye". To whom? If what the author claims is true - to very few people ( who could be addressed by PMs). That does not make a lot of sense and looks more like a pose than a position. Sorry, and Godspeed!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
29 Aug 2013 - 11:52 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
30 Aug 2013 - 12:44 AM

Quote: Well.... what can I say. Having being a member on here a few years now I find myself bidding a farewell.

Cheerio then...... come back soon! Wink

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315163 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
30 Aug 2013 - 3:30 AM

Quote: Not bragging, but having obtained the following qualifiacation; GCSE Grade B, A level Grade B, City & Guilds, and a degree in photography and fulfilling all pre-requisites to gaining an LRPS. (I bet most people on here have never heard of such accolade). I thought it would be nice to hear a counter view of my body of work. From this I'll conclude that obviously I'm not making the right waves to get the right attention

That got my attention, how about starting your very own exclusive club.

mikehit
mikehit  56298 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
30 Aug 2013 - 8:45 AM

Signing off in March....and 'finally' leaving in August? Its a death scene worthy of Kenneth Williams.

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114493 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
30 Aug 2013 - 8:56 AM

Quote: Not bragging, but having obtained the following qualifiacation; GCSE Grade B, A level Grade B, City & Guilds, and a degree in photography and fulfilling all pre-requisites to gaining an LRPS. (I bet most people on here have never heard of such accolade).

Since when has having a hatful of qualifications made someone a good photographer?........I passed my driving test first time, it don't necessarily follow that I'm a good driver! All a qualification quantifies is that you are of a competent standard, don't mean you're any good at whatever your qualified at.

There that should put the cat amongst the pigeons........Wink

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64346 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
30 Aug 2013 - 8:57 AM

I find that the more a member (free or not) huffs and puffs about not getting recognised rather than joins in with the site and interracts with other members, the less other people can be bothered with them. There's the Critique Gallery if you want straight opinions, there's even a Tell It How It Is forum if you want brutally honest opnions, or you can just get involved and give something to the site rather than just wait for people to pay attention to just you. Memberships's very cheap really, and if you only joined for one month you'd get more information and feedback than you do now as a non-E2 member. That'd give you a better idea about stats and feedback than as a non-paying member.

Regardless of the above, which goes for anybody, I'm not singling out yourself (I put that in italics before you jump down my throat), you seem to have a pretty good following and get as much attention as anyone else on here, so why the angst? If it's for some specific reason then it'd be useful to know what it was.

You know you really want to stay. So, as Mrs Doyle would say, gowaarrrrrrrrnnnn. Smile

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43821 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
30 Aug 2013 - 9:19 AM

I always find it strange when a member starts a thread to announce their departure from a site. Why not merely stop logging in? Send a pm to site staff/admin if you feel they should be made aware of why you are leaving, but starting a thread shouts of attention seeking and a hope that others will try to persuade you to stay
Sorry, I just don't get it...

Malc.

Last Modified By saltireblue at 30 Aug 2013 - 9:29 AM
Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114493 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
30 Aug 2013 - 9:31 AM

Quote: I always find it strange when a member starts a thread to announce their departure form a site

GrinGrinGrinGrin

Cuz there's nothing like throwing your toys out the pram and letting everyone know you're doing it Malc......

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012601 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
30 Aug 2013 - 9:37 AM

thread should be put where it belongs, in the bin. If the OP doesnt have the decency to give a response when asked what the problem is, and has obviously been around to reply then it doesnt deserve any further response.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96284 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
30 Aug 2013 - 9:37 AM

Quote: throwing your toys out the pram

I have not got any toys or a pram, so I guess I will have to stick around on here a bit longer Wink

Ade_Osman
30 Aug 2013 - 9:52 AM

Quote: thread should be put where it belongs, in the bin. If the OP doesnt have the decency to give a response when asked what the problem is, and has obviously been around to reply then it doesnt deserve any further response.

Your quite right K, but as he claims to have gone lets all have a bit of fun ripping the snot out of him anyway TongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongue

That'll be me up for a red card then Blush

MalcolmS
MalcolmS e2 Member 91067 forum postsMalcolmS vcard England13 Constructive Critique Points
30 Aug 2013 - 1:07 PM

You certainly won't get any recognition if you leave, other than a reputatation for throwing your toys out when you didn't get what you thought you deserved. However, that won't last long because like everything else it will quickly become yesterdays news. If you want some committment from this site you need to give it some, that's the way it always was and that's the way it will always be.
I suspect most of us have gone through the why 'do some shots get more recognition then other (usually our own)', I certainly did. I still wonder sometimes, especially if an award is given to a shot because it is stated to be an unusual view of a known subject and I know that there is a similar one sitting in my PF that went unnoticed. You can get bitter and twisted about it ( been there too) or you can get on with it. If you choose not to, that's entirely your decision and I respect that, but rather than getting out of it, get into it.

polis_928tadw59

'Ello,'ello, 'ello. Ayup what's all this then, I thought when I came across the thread. Having read through it all, I don't know whether it should be transferred to the Grumpy Group, or The Happy Forum. !!!Grin I have never laughed so much in ages, and I have had to click the LIKE button umpteen times.TongueWink

CaptivePhotons
CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111534 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
30 Aug 2013 - 3:49 PM

Quote: throwing your toys out the pram
I have not got any toys or a pram, so I guess I will have to stick around on here a bit longer Wink

I suppose you could always kick your zimmer frame across the room instead Tongue

KevinEllison
KevinEllison e2 Member 72504 forum postsKevinEllison vcard England
30 Aug 2013 - 3:50 PM

Quote: gaining an LRPS. (I bet most people on here have never heard of such accolade).

More folk than have heard of you I'd venture...

Red card for me too...

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.