Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

I'm outta here!!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

steve_p
steve_p  91098 forum posts England
30 Aug 2013 - 4:14 PM

I think it may be a case of I'm off cause you don't vote for my work. I don't get many votes for photos Ive posted, but I enjoy the other elements of the site- especially the forums. You get to see just how immature (for want of a better word) some people can be.
I take photos for my own enjoyment not to show them off. Pressure of time stops me from uploading them, although I have done previously.

Just enjoy the site however it suits you- personally I think it is the best one for our hobby or profession!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
30 Aug 2013 - 4:14 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

keith selmes
30 Aug 2013 - 5:11 PM

Quote: gaining an LRPS. (I bet most people on here have never heard of such accolade).

that part did grate with me as well. I don't want to knock it down, I don't know if I could put together a set that would qualify, but I expect most of us have heard of it. Only we don't know it as an accolade, we know it as the bottom rung of a ladder that many people feel is not worth climbing. Respectable achievement, but one not to shout about.

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014807 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
30 Aug 2013 - 8:08 PM

Some take it all too seriously. I couldn't enjoy any pastime with an attitude like that.

I had a trip planned for today to the Royal Tyrell Museum, a 1hour 45 minute drive from home, and then to see the hoodoos in Dinosaur Provincial Park, and a stop at Horseshoe Canyon for some sunset landscapes; I got up this morning and realised it's the Labour Day weekend, so I went back to bed and slept a couple more hours. I'll do it when the masses are working. I'm certainly not upset, I'll find something else to do.

lawbert
lawbert  71713 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
30 Aug 2013 - 10:03 PM

Peculiar how whingey whiney fella who started the thread still has his PF up.

Speaks VolumesGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrin

Sooty_1
Sooty_1 Critique Team 41207 forum posts United Kingdom198 Constructive Critique Points
30 Aug 2013 - 11:09 PM

Only insecure people moan about their "lack of attention"....and disguise it as "other people don't get the attention they deserve." It's like going to the doctor and saying "I have a friend who has ........." when what they really mean is, "I have ........."

I still feel like I take more from the site than I ever give back (mostly in terms of entertainment and information), but I'm comfortable enough with my photographic ability for it not to bother me whether anyone votes for me or not. That's not what I'm here for, an ego massage.

Life's too short to take things too seriously.

Nick

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43917 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway25 Constructive Critique Points
31 Aug 2013 - 7:57 AM

Quote:
I still feel like I take more from the site than I ever give back (mostly in terms of entertainment and information), but I'm comfortable enough with my photographic ability for it not to bother me whether anyone votes for me or not. That's not what I'm here for, an ego massage.

Yepp, I'll second that.

conrad
conrad  1010874 forum posts116 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2013 - 2:20 PM

Well, having looked at the OP's other thread that must have been the reason for this rather vague statement of his, and for his departure, and having seen his portfolio, I can only conclude that he wasn't happy with 'only' 8 user awards for his photos, was envious of others who got site awards, and wasn't satisfied with the answers when he complained about the way awards are given out. That's rather sad, isn't it - pathetic even.

I suppose that since we really can do without this attitude, and without more such pointless discussions on the forum, this departure must be a good decision.

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43917 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway25 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2013 - 2:55 PM

Quote: this departure must be a good decision.

Thing is, he's still here. Last logged in yesterday evening and his pf is still there...

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 104040 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2013 - 3:36 PM

Quote: this departure must be a good decision.
Thing is, he's still here. Last logged in yesterday evening and his pf is still there...

Serial flouncer

Quote: gaining an LRPS. (I bet most people on here have never heard of such accolade). that part did grate with me as well. I don't want to knock it down, I don't know if I could put together a set that would qualify, but I expect most of us have heard of it. Only we don't know it as an accolade, we know it as the bottom rung of a ladder that many people feel is not worth climbing. Respectable achievement, but one not to shout about.

Most of the committee at a camera club I went to had their LRPS, gained many, many decades ago, all they did was pay every year to keep the letters without ever improving.

Last Modified By whipspeed at 1 Sep 2013 - 3:39 PM
StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014807 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2013 - 7:38 PM

Ah, give him some awards Pete, and make him happy, we don't mind.

Gundog
Gundog  1624 forum posts Scotland
2 Sep 2013 - 3:24 PM

Why are we so worried about someone deciding to leave?

Each to his own.

I have absolutely no interest in the gallery functions of ePz or the magazine sections, but other clearly love them. My interest is purely in this discussion forum from which I have learned a lot.

Of course, the content of the forum is very variable. Some content is exceptionally well-informed; some shows abysmal ignorance. Some is highly amusing while some is downright nasty.

But we can all learn to gain from the informative, ignore the ignorant, laugh at the funny and dismiss the nasty.

A bit like real life, I suppose.

lawbert
lawbert  71713 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
2 Sep 2013 - 7:05 PM

He's still hereTongue

Probably just looking to get a few more gallery clicks and pass it off as his people wanted him to stayTongue

Mozzytheboy
Mozzytheboy e2 Member 3550 forum postsMozzytheboy vcard United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
16 Sep 2013 - 9:06 PM

I love the place warts n all (if there are any that is). Took almost a year out due to terrible health and was told think about a bucket list! Nah said you ain't getting me yet. Soooooooo if I could pass ANY tiny bit of wisdom across to you, it would be ... don't take anything too seriously other than your health and those close to you. Don't get wound up by things you cannot have any control over; be prepared to humbly forget and forgive (would have helped out a few world leaders that one).

I left one forum (non pickies) cos I got bored and to some extent disappointed how the forum evolved, no bye bye I just asked the owner to delete my account ... quietly without saying anything to the other members. I've moderated successfully actually professionally (or I'd like to think so), on a well known business forum, and I've learnt that for my last thirteen years on this interweb thingy, it is not perfect, far from it as it happens; so why not have a rethink and just blend in, making pals along the way? I've so enjoyed meeting people at exhibitions etc. Always huge fun arranging a time to be at the bar or wear a silly hat (**** hats we call em in Zummerset), shake hands, pick a few brains and share knowledge, tips, humour, worries, upset, sadness, ahhh you get my drift, but above all else be well and be happy. Move on!

If in anyway anyone thinks I waffled a bit or went off topic, or used poor grammar, I just want to say ...I couldn't give a tinker's cuss Smile

Mozzy

Last Modified By Mozzytheboy at 16 Sep 2013 - 9:08 PM
MichaelMelb_AU
16 Sep 2013 - 11:21 PM

I would listen to a wise man. Thanks, Mozzy! As for the rest of this thread, the moderators have my open request to stop this rather depressing talkfest. Many comments are doing their second or third round already. What does it improve at the end?
Thanks!

Last Modified By MichaelMelb_AU at 16 Sep 2013 - 11:22 PM
lemmy
lemmy  71873 forum posts United Kingdom
16 Sep 2013 - 11:29 PM

Quote: I have eluded on forums before

Seeing the use of English in the quote, I think people may be treating the OP a little harshly in that it is possible English isn't his first language and maybe he cannot express his problem properly.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.