Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

i need a website

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    soulsharer
    21 Aug 2011 - 8:17 PM

Hi, Im looking at doing a bit of photography part time as ive had a few offers of late, A good website (not for advertising yet) for people to see my work is somthing i think i need, Ok so im on here, flickr and blipfoto as well as facebook so i could always point people in these directions BUT i thin it looks more professional with my own website.

Problems with this are.. Cost, i have no idea how much this costs and if it is worth the cost,
    How, how do i go about making a professional looking website?

I need all the help i can get... Thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    21 Aug 2011 - 8:17 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    21 Aug 2011 - 8:26 PM

Use a service like foliopic, which you can try for free

User_Removed
    21 Aug 2011 - 8:46 PM

Or Photium - again .... free.

In fact, the original EPZ website was originated by the guy who runs Photium... Smile

Last Modified By User_Removed at 21 Aug 2011 - 8:47 PM
    skewey
    skewey  831 forum posts England
    21 Aug 2011 - 9:04 PM

Weeblyyou can set up a site for free.It is drag and drop with a pro service which you can pay for.

http://www.weebly.com/link/nBnopd Smile You get a months free Pro service as a trial with chance to upgrade this upto six months by getting people to build a site.

Last Modified By skewey at 21 Aug 2011 - 9:36 PM
    WilliamRoar
    21 Aug 2011 - 9:06 PM

Moonfruit is another service.

chelle
    chelle  877 forum posts
    21 Aug 2011 - 10:12 PM

I use Foliopic and it's really easy to use and I have no knowledge of website building at all.

A free one I've sen a few people use is Wix. They have lots of free templates on there.

wheresjp
    wheresjp  6102 forum posts United Kingdom
    21 Aug 2011 - 10:53 PM

If you want to make your own I would recommend "Serif WebPlus X5". Its very easy to use, great support and the picture galleries (inc Pro Flash and Light box) are brilliant. No coding is needed and its a reasonable price. It also includes 6 months hosting. Youtube it to see how easy things are.

nickthompson
    21 Aug 2011 - 11:24 PM

www.webs.com. It's free.

franken
    franken e2 Member 113054 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Aug 2011 - 8:08 AM

Bookmarking.

waineswitch
    22 Aug 2011 - 9:38 AM

I tried Webs and they froze my account after a few weeks, because of 'inappropriate material' (Landscapes and travel??!!!) and when I asked why, my request was originally dealt with by saying all fixed. It wasn't. I asked again and all contact was ignored, for several weeks. I abandoned them and later tried Photium. Easy to use. Will is great, reponses really are in minutes, if you need help at all.
    Dorothy

beverleymiddleton

Clikpic - easy to use, plenty of styles/templates to choose from. 35 per year for 100 photos, excellent back up team if you get stuck !
    Smile

Eastlands
    Eastlands e2 Member 3648 forum postsEastlands vcard Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Aug 2011 - 8:13 PM

I would check out Clikpic, they are inexpensive, simple to set up and provide an excellent service.

GillyB
    GillyB e2 Member 9316 forum postsGillyB vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Aug 2011 - 8:18 PM

Another vote for photium, as said previously
    Quote: Will is great, reponses really are in minutes, if you need help at all.

and there is a range of packages to suit most peoples wallets Smile

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318434 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Aug 2011 - 8:42 PM

If you decide to try foliopic we're here to help and it integrates with ePHOTOzine.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.