Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

i need a website

21 Aug 2011 8:17PM
Hi, Im looking at doing a bit of photography part time as ive had a few offers of late, A good website (not for advertising yet) for people to see my work is somthing i think i need, Ok so im on here, flickr and blipfoto as well as facebook so i could always point people in these directions BUT i thin it looks more professional with my own website.

Problems with this are.. Cost, i have no idea how much this costs and if it is worth the cost,
How, how do i go about making a professional looking website?

I need all the help i can get... Thanks

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
21 Aug 2011 8:26PM
Use a service like foliopic, which you can try for free
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
21 Aug 2011 8:46PM
Or Photium - again .... free.

In fact, the original EPZ website was originated by the guy who runs Photium... Smile
skewey
8 31 England
21 Aug 2011 9:04PM
Weeblyyou can set up a site for free.It is drag and drop with a pro service which you can pay for.

http://www.weebly.com/link/nBnopd Smile You get a months free Pro service as a trial with chance to upgrade this upto six months by getting people to build a site.
21 Aug 2011 9:06PM
Moonfruit is another service.
chelle e2
9 77
21 Aug 2011 10:12PM
I use Foliopic and it's really easy to use and I have no knowledge of website building at all.

A free one I've sen a few people use is Wix. They have lots of free templates on there.
wheresjp e2
7 102 United Kingdom
21 Aug 2011 10:53PM
If you want to make your own I would recommend "Serif WebPlus X5". Its very easy to use, great support and the picture galleries (inc Pro Flash and Light box) are brilliant. No coding is needed and its a reasonable price. It also includes 6 months hosting. Youtube it to see how easy things are.
21 Aug 2011 11:24PM
www.webs.com. It's free.
franken e2
12 3.3k 4 Wales
22 Aug 2011 8:08AM
Bookmarking.
22 Aug 2011 9:38AM
I tried Webs and they froze my account after a few weeks, because of 'inappropriate material' (Landscapes and travel??!!!) and when I asked why, my request was originally dealt with by saying all fixed. It wasn't. I asked again and all contact was ignored, for several weeks. I abandoned them and later tried Photium. Easy to use. Will is great, reponses really are in minutes, if you need help at all.
Dorothy
22 Aug 2011 12:32PM
Clikpic - easy to use, plenty of styles/templates to choose from. 35 per year for 100 photos, excellent back up team if you get stuck !
Smile
Eastlands e2
4 687 3 Northern Ireland
22 Aug 2011 8:13PM
I would check out Clikpic, they are inexpensive, simple to set up and provide an excellent service.
GillyB e2
9 316 8 United Kingdom
22 Aug 2011 8:18PM
Another vote for photium, as said previously
Quote:Will is great, reponses really are in minutes, if you need help at all.
and there is a range of packages to suit most peoples wallets Smile
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
22 Aug 2011 8:42PM
If you decide to try [link=foliopic.com]foliopic[/link] we're here to help and it integrates with ePHOTOzine.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.