Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

I think I've been hacked

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    brian1208
    brian1208 e2 Member 1110150 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Jul 2012 - 10:28 PM

Earlier today I went to look at the Mifsuds site and got a message saying I had been hacked.
    I cleared it and did a full security sweep which reported nothing was found and I was able to access the site by re-keying in the address bar.

I've just tried again and am getting the message HTTP 403 forbidden, site requires a password.

Can someone please try for me and see if they can access the site or whether the Mifduds site is inaccessible for some reason.

(Its only the Mifsuds site that I'm having problems with)

Thanks

Brian

Last Modified By brian1208 at 29 Jul 2012 - 10:29 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    29 Jul 2012 - 10:28 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jestertheclown
    29 Jul 2012 - 10:33 PM

"Forbidden.
    You don't have access on this server."

That's what I got. Nothing about a password though.

cmawson
    cmawson  11271 forum posts United Kingdom
    29 Jul 2012 - 10:33 PM

Mifsuds is definitely down, just tried it.Sad

oldblokeh
    oldblokeh  3762 forum posts United Kingdom
    29 Jul 2012 - 10:35 PM

Most likely the Mifsuds site itself was hacked to deliver scareware -- thus saying you had been hacked. They are probably cleaning the site now.

brian1208
    brian1208 e2 Member 1110150 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Jul 2012 - 10:35 PM

thanks for trying, looks like it may be their end that has the problem then

nikonphotographer

Just had a look, and got this ....

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this serve
    r.

So it looks like there site is down, possible due to a security problem

dwilkin
    dwilkin e2 Member 724249 forum postsdwilkin vcard United Kingdom
    29 Jul 2012 - 10:44 PM

Mifsuds was hacked - I saw it on my PC earlier, and then had a longer look on the iphone - I don't think there was any danger to the user, just someone showing off, with a fairly accurate 'Matrix' simulator that worked anywhere!

brian1208
    29 Jul 2012 - 10:50 PM

that was the one that I saw too, thanks for the clarification

pabloisme
    pabloisme  4565 forum posts England
    31 Jul 2012 - 8:57 AM

403 errors in the HTTP cycle

Any client (e.g. your Web browser) goes through the following cycle:

Obtain an IP address from the IP name of the site (the site URL without the leading 'http://'). This lookup (conversion of IP name to IP address) is provided by domain name servers (DNSs).
    Open an IP socket connection to that IP address.
    Write an HTTP data stream through that socket.
    Receive an HTTP data stream back from the Web server in response. This data stream contains status codes whose values are determined by the HTTP protocol. Parse this data stream for status codes and other useful information.

This error occurs in the final step above when the client receives an HTTP status code that it recognises as '403'.

Fixing 403 errors - general

You first need to confirm if you have encountered a "No directory browsing" problem. You can see this if the URL ends in a slash '/' rather than the name of a specific Web page (e.g. .htm or .html). If this is your problem, then you have no option but to access individual Web pages for that Web site directly.

It is possible that there should be some content in the directory, but there is none there yet. For example if your ISP offers a 'Home Page' then you need to provide some content - usually HTML files - for the Home Page directory that your ISP assigns to you. Until the content is there, anyone trying to access your Home Page could encounter a 403 error. The solution is to upload the missing content - directly yourself or by providing it to your ISP. Once the content is in the directory, it also needs to be authorised for public access via the Internet. Your ISP should do this as a matter of course - if they do not, then they have missed a no-brainer step.

IF they are using a SQL or MYSQL database on their site it may be an error there

YOU have NOT been hacked!

FYI get zone alarm it's free

brian1208
    31 Jul 2012 - 9:40 AM

thanks, I am fully protected with both anti-malware and anti-virus.

I put this up on the other Mifsuds thread it was Mifsuds site that was hacked but they are just about sorted with the site back up and running last night

Jestertheclown
    31 Jul 2012 - 10:22 AM

Quote: thanks, I am fully protected with both anti-malware and anti-virus.

So, I'd imagine, were Mifsuds.

If a hacker's going to get you, he's going to get you anyway.

brian1208
    31 Jul 2012 - 11:06 AM

Quote: If a hacker's going to get you, he's going to get you anyway.

true, but it spoils a hackers fun if you leave your system unprotected Tongue

779HOB
    779HOB  2998 forum posts United Kingdom
    31 Jul 2012 - 4:02 PM

Quote: true, but it spoils a hackers fun if you leave your system unprotected

To be honest I think it adds to their fun the more secure a system is!

brian1208
    31 Jul 2012 - 5:33 PM

yep, gives them a challenge and brings a little colour into their sick, sorry existence when they can prove how "clever" they are (they are nothing but vandals and criminals in my opinion)

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.