Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

I think Im melting

uggyy e2
9 2.1k 9 Scotland
3 Jul 2009 1:01AM
Im soo warm the night, 29 in my room...

I cant sleep a wink lol...

No real reason for this post other than to gripe and convince myself a cold shower at this time of night is just daft.

OK didnt work, off for a shower Smile

Tommy

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

fauxtography e2
9 6.6k 36
3 Jul 2009 1:13AM
try a hot shower instead....
uggyy e2
9 2.1k 9 Scotland
3 Jul 2009 1:15AM
Sounds good but right now I think hot would still be colder than this house...
fauxtography e2
9 6.6k 36
3 Jul 2009 1:29AM

Quote:Sounds good but right now I think hot would still be colder than this house...

same here... heat retention of terraced housing is great in the winter... but ***** in the summer!
cmawson 11 271 United Kingdom
3 Jul 2009 2:57AM
I'm experiencing my first summer in Virginia & coming from the UK, I'm having to acclimatise to the weather. We've had average temps in the 30s here for the last 2 months, & I'm told by many that it'll get hotter & more humid over the next 6-8 weeks. All I can say is, thanks goodness for central air-conditioning in the homes here.
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
3 Jul 2009 3:50AM
You're in a very hot, and humid area. Make sure you drink lots of water. Most people think that they're drinking enough if they drink when thirsty, but dehydration can sneak up on you.
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
3 Jul 2009 3:53AM
I'm surprised your wives don't keep you in hot towels. Take a facecloth, run very hot water over it, wring it out and apply to the face and neck, just like business class.
cmawson 11 271 United Kingdom
3 Jul 2009 4:55AM

Quote:You're in a very hot, and humid area. Make sure you drink lots of water. Most people think that they're drinking enough if they drink when thirsty, but dehydration can sneak up on you.

Hi Straycat, assuming this was for me. Yep, I drink a lot of water normally, so here I drink more than I did normally in the UK. Always carry a bottle of water around & constantly sipping, even to go to the local stores.

Actually, I spent 15 years in nursing, so know the dangers of dehydration & how quickly it catches up with one. Also, my GP advised me to take more salt than I normally do, to compensate.
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
3 Jul 2009 5:29AM
You're all set then. Years ago my brother, who now lives in Florida, was visiting the Hearst Castle in California during an uncommonly hot period, and he thought he was drinking way more than he needed, till he woke up in an ambulance, on his way to the hospital.

Cheers,
Enjoy the new home.
Denny
digicammad e2
11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
3 Jul 2009 12:40PM

Quote:Make sure you drink lots of water. Most people think that they're drinking enough if they drink when thirsty, but dehydration can sneak up on you

Actually if you are thirsty you are already dehydrated. Smile The idea is to drink regularly to prevent yourself from getting thirsty.

Ian
brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
3 Jul 2009 1:07PM

Quote:Also, my GP advised me to take more salt than I normally do, to compensate

Most important this. when you are drinking large quantities of water then losing it as sweat your sodium levels can become dangerously depleted.

It got me once when working in Qatar and there is no warning, one minute you're fine, the next you are down.

A trick I learnt out there was to taste your arm, if you don't taste salty then you need to add some via a salt tablet or similar.

(My wife used to hate it when I returned home - I used to pile salt on everything for a couple of weeks until my system returned to normal, even in my beer! Tongue )

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.