Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

I trust that they were all.....

tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
6 Nov 2011 9:39PM
..given tickets for obstruction & the police were in force to carry out mass DD & drug testing
I bet they didn't

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Overread 6 3.9k 18 England
6 Nov 2011 10:23PM
Soo bonfirenight parties are bad things in your book if they take place in the woods? Wink

Although granted they could have sorted out the parking a little better Tongue
monstersnowman 9 1.7k 1 England
7 Nov 2011 1:19AM
Not sure what the OP's point is but I hope they had a good time and a safe one :o)
tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
7 Nov 2011 7:38AM

Quote:Soo bonfirenight parties are bad things in your book if they take place in the woods?

Who mentioned bonfires??? The article didn'tSmile

What the article did mention, was the fact that the dancing went on through the night.

Do you suppose they refreshed themselves with the odd glass of Tizer & a WoodbineWink

Quote:Not sure what the OP's point is

The point is that as usual, a minority of people caused the vast law abiding majority to suffer (The road was closed because of their indifference to road safety and the parking laws)

Also as mentioned above, I presume they were all allowed to drive away without any collars been felt
thewilliam 6 4.9k
7 Nov 2011 11:31AM
Why shouldn't the common people get away with the occasional misdemeanour?
Stubill 6 107 England
7 Nov 2011 12:16PM
Hey, at least they had the landowners permission.
Never used to bother in my day Wink
Carrera_c 5 271 3 United Kingdom
7 Nov 2011 12:36PM

Quote:Soo bonfirenight parties are bad things in your book if they take place in the woods? Wink

Although granted they could have sorted out the parking a little better Tongue

+1 for me, may not mention bonfires, but I'm sure there was one somewhere. Shame the parking got out of hand, but if it wasn't a ticketed event the organisers would have found it difficult to estimate the turnout and thus estimate parking requirements. And if the police chose not to ticket every illegally parked car then that's their choice.
tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
7 Nov 2011 12:43PM

Quote:may not mention bonfires, but I'm sure there was one somewhere.

That's a bit like saying it will get dark before morning - Somewhere there would have been one, especially as it was Nov 5th.
monstersnowman 9 1.7k 1 England
7 Nov 2011 5:00PM
I understand your post now Tomcat ... BUT had the police dealt with everyone at that time of night when they really need to be policing city centres we would have had everyone moaning about them being better employed locking up rapists and murderers, where did they all come from, 10, cars, 3 riot vans, 20 cops etc etc etc as the usual moronic comments go .... Yes the parking may have been bad and every single vehicle parked on a road is technically causing some form of obstruction and if there werent lines on the roads it would be a legal minefield and a complete waste of time and overreaction to ticket everyone, or many at least, for wilfull obstruction. So common sense prevailed and a good time was had by many and a few people inconvenienced for one night ...

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.