Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

I Turned To Stone...

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    jondf
    jondf  72474 forum posts
    18 Feb 2013 - 8:54 AM

It often occurs to me when forwarding musical info to others that one man's (or woman's) musical meat might be another's poison. However, in this case, I could be wrong -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMmRyyU0SOo

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    18 Feb 2013 - 8:54 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    18 Feb 2013 - 8:57 AM

Not often that a live version is better than the recording

njsmith
    njsmith  984 forum posts United Kingdom
    18 Feb 2013 - 10:08 AM

Brilliant, always liked ELO.

Mind you, I've got a lot of time for any band that can perform live and sound good, even if I'm not keen on the music.
    I'm fed up with these modern day vocalists who all sing to backing tracks etc. and want to be famous overnight because they've 'always dreamt of it'.

jondf
    jondf  72474 forum posts
    18 Feb 2013 - 10:32 AM

Quote: Mind you, I've got a lot of time for any band that can perform live and sound good, even if I'm not keen on the music.
    I'm fed up with these modern day vocalists who all sing to backing tracks etc. and want to be famous overnight because they've 'always dreamt of it'.

Ditto...

puertouk
    puertouk  21056 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Feb 2013 - 10:44 AM

Brilliant, can't beat the REAL bands, not this rubbish they drag out nowadays. They last a couple of years and they're gone and forgotten. Another ELO one here, live on stage. Hope you all like it.

jondf
    jondf  72474 forum posts
    18 Feb 2013 - 1:50 PM

Quote: Hope you all like it...

Great stuff! Coming back to these songs after many years of absence, it occurs to me that there's no let up throughout the length of a number. Melody and harmony patterns link seamlessly and effortlessly to hold your attention and keep your foot tapping.....then there's that voice!

Through watching interviews Jeff Lynne comes across as being a regular Brummie bloke with a kindly disposition which isn't quite how I imagined him to be for some reason. Oh well, good on you Jeff and here's to a few more hits yet from that illustrious pen of yours.

arhb
    arhb e2 Member 72150 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom67 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Feb 2013 - 3:58 PM

Never did, and still don't like ELO - that's not to say they didn't spew out endless, perfectly crafted pop rock throughout the 70's, using fine melodies, harmonies and perfect counterpoint in every single song they released - just not my bag Smile

My dislike might be due in part to the relentless plugging that their music was given by Radio 1 presenters back in the day, whilst I was growing up.

I have a feeling that Jeff Lynne was behind some productions of the more recent disco pop of the last 10 years, so he *might* be partly responsible for some of this rubbish they drag out nowadays Wink

User_Removed
    18 Feb 2013 - 10:24 PM

One of those bands who definitely had their own sound and whose greatest hits album was all killers and no fillers, 10cc were another like that

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314968 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Feb 2013 - 11:35 PM

Mid seventies I was pretty big on ELO, and Rush Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuL_euRslTc

Amazes me how he kept that high voice Smile

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 18 Feb 2013 - 11:36 PM
    Sooty_1
    Sooty_1 Critique Team 41181 forum posts United Kingdom196 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Feb 2013 - 8:32 AM

Still going strong too. They haven't long had a new album out.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.