Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

I Turned To Stone...

jondf 8 2.5k
18 Feb 2013 8:54AM
It often occurs to me when forwarding musical info to others that one man's (or woman's) musical meat might be another's poison. However, in this case, I could be wrong -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMmRyyU0SOo

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
18 Feb 2013 8:57AM
Not often that a live version is better than the recording
njsmith 9 84 United Kingdom
18 Feb 2013 10:08AM
Brilliant, always liked ELO.

Mind you, I've got a lot of time for any band that can perform live and sound good, even if I'm not keen on the music.
I'm fed up with these modern day vocalists who all sing to backing tracks etc. and want to be famous overnight because they've 'always dreamt of it'.
jondf 8 2.5k
18 Feb 2013 10:32AM

Quote:Mind you, I've got a lot of time for any band that can perform live and sound good, even if I'm not keen on the music.
I'm fed up with these modern day vocalists who all sing to backing tracks etc. and want to be famous overnight because they've 'always dreamt of it'.

Ditto...
puertouk 3 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
18 Feb 2013 10:44AM
Brilliant, can't beat the REAL bands, not this rubbish they drag out nowadays. They last a couple of years and they're gone and forgotten. Another ELO one here, live on stage. Hope you all like it.
jondf 8 2.5k
18 Feb 2013 1:50PM

Quote:Hope you all like it...

Great stuff! Coming back to these songs after many years of absence, it occurs to me that there's no let up throughout the length of a number. Melody and harmony patterns link seamlessly and effortlessly to hold your attention and keep your foot tapping.....then there's that voice!

Through watching interviews Jeff Lynne comes across as being a regular Brummie bloke with a kindly disposition which isn't quite how I imagined him to be for some reason. Oh well, good on you Jeff and here's to a few more hits yet from that illustrious pen of yours.
arhb e2
7 2.4k 68 United Kingdom
18 Feb 2013 3:58PM
Never did, and still don't like ELO - that's not to say they didn't spew out endless, perfectly crafted pop rock throughout the 70's, using fine melodies, harmonies and perfect counterpoint in every single song they released - just not my bag Smile

My dislike might be due in part to the relentless plugging that their music was given by Radio 1 presenters back in the day, whilst I was growing up.

I have a feeling that Jeff Lynne was behind some productions of the more recent disco pop of the last 10 years, so he *might* be partly responsible for some of this rubbish they drag out nowadays Wink
User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
18 Feb 2013 10:24PM
One of those bands who definitely had their own sound and whose greatest hits album was all killers and no fillers, 10cc were another like that
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
18 Feb 2013 11:35PM
Mid seventies I was pretty big on ELO, and Rush Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuL_euRslTc

Amazes me how he kept that high voice Smile
Sooty_1 4 1.2k 202 United Kingdom
19 Feb 2013 8:32AM
Still going strong too. They haven't long had a new album out.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.