Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

I've got a live one...

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    c_evans99
    c_evans99  117013 forum posts Wales1 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Nov 2005 - 10:39 AM

I've always been amazed that I've not once in all my cameras found a roll of exposed film that could be developed... closest I came was a forty year old roll of Ilfocolour in a Paxette but that disintegrated as I wound it back... but today I opened a recently acquired Agfa box camera and there it was... an exposed roll of Kodacolor-X... must be near thirty years old at least but it will have to wait till after pay day to get processed Smile

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    21 Nov 2005 - 10:39 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sillyconguru
    21 Nov 2005 - 11:18 AM

I found a part-used roll of Ilfocolor in a camera once. When developed, there were some behind the scenes pictures of a 1980's rock group's photo-shoot.

I also found and a fully-used roll of Tri-X (with a Leica type leader) in an enlarger box. The pictures from this film (after dev'ing) look like someone's holiday snaps.

nikon
    nikon e2 Member 11112 forum postsnikon vcard England
    21 Nov 2005 - 11:59 AM

A few years ago I bought a job lot box at a camera auction mainly for a set of developing trays that could be seen poking out of the top. When I emptied the box it contained all sorts of parafenalia and a cedar wood box. When opened the cedar wood box revealed a set of glass quarter plate images which were a veritable time capsule from the turn of the century. Images of what appeared to be a state funeral, personal portraits, social events etc.One thing I am not sure of and perhaps some of our knowledgeable guru's would know, "Who now owns the copyright to these images now that they are approaching a hundred years of age".

Dave.

spt
    spt  1089 forum posts Scotland
    21 Nov 2005 - 12:16 PM

I assume that the copyright rule is the same as for music, books etc - it remains the copyright of the creator's estate until 70 years after their death.

keith selmes
    21 Nov 2005 - 1:00 PM

I have 2 rolls waiting for attention, I think after a few years in camera, a few moths won't matter. And I think there's another somewhere.
    The thing I'm really fed up about is the number of plateholders I've opened which had plates in them.
    You can't tell until its too late.
    They were probably unexposed, or had already been opened, but you never know. Next time I might be more careful.
    I also thought they'd be too old to develop, but it seems that may not be the case.

c_evans99
    21 Nov 2005 - 1:53 PM

Well mine will have to wait a bit - I'm even sending my b&w film to the lab at the mo (fingers are too cramped to load the bloody spirals right now).

Ceri

keith selmes
    22 Nov 2005 - 4:06 AM

sorry to hear that.

c_evans99
    22 Nov 2005 - 10:23 AM

No worries, gettting the backlog done now and hopefully my hands will clear up before I shoot much more Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.