Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

I've finally given myself a web presence!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114435 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
21 Sep 2012 - 7:43 PM

I've finally given myself a web presence!......Yep you heard it here first, at long last I've finally given myself a photographic web presence Smile It's only taken me 10 years! I've always found pointing folks to my ePz p/f was enough, but now what with the hedgehogs and the moths I found I really needed to sort something out, even if it was on a tight budget.

Don't get to excited, it's a only a free webspace site from WIX, so it's very basic and simple. However if you fancy a nosey point your browsers to Sue'n'Ade's Wildlife Photography would appreciate it if you do visit if you could report back to me any real faux pas or errors.......It's still very much a work in progress site, so be gentle eh? Tongue

Special note to Pete Grin Note EPZ is at the very top of the Links page, for what it's worth Wink

Cheers guys/gals......Ade

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
21 Sep 2012 - 7:43 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SueEley
SueEley e2 Member 7271 forum postsSueEley vcard Wales96 Constructive Critique Points
21 Sep 2012 - 7:47 PM

GrinGrinGrinGrin

franken
franken e2 Member 112920 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
21 Sep 2012 - 7:48 PM

Looks good to me.

Ken

JN_CHATELAIN_PHOTOGRAPHY
21 Sep 2012 - 8:10 PM

Congratulations! It's a fabulous site which I've bookmarked for further visits. JNC

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114435 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
21 Sep 2012 - 8:16 PM

Cheers Guys, hopefully it will improve over time with more content, at the moment I'm still making tweaks here and there to get all working how I want to, but I think I'm getting there...Smile

Ade

Jat_Riski
Jat_Riski  559 forum posts United Kingdom
21 Sep 2012 - 8:18 PM

Great site, like it very much. SmileSmile
Best regards.

MikeRC
MikeRC e2 Member 83465 forum postsMikeRC vcard United Kingdom
21 Sep 2012 - 8:31 PM

....brilliant Ade....nice work.....really impressed...and more than a tad jealous.
....Mike

widtink
widtink e2 Member 1404 forum postswidtink vcard Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
21 Sep 2012 - 8:36 PM

Looks great good luck with it Grin

Rod

Ade_Osman
21 Sep 2012 - 9:02 PM

Quote: .brilliant Ade....nice work.....really impressed...and more than a tad jealous.
....Mike

Twas only 4 days work, countless hair tugging and lots of Diazepam!!!......Think I need a lay down now Wink

Thanks again folks.....

Ade

strokebloke
21 Sep 2012 - 9:24 PM

Excellent Ade. Well done to yourself & Sue

Last Modified By strokebloke at 21 Sep 2012 - 9:24 PM
justin c
justin c  104505 forum posts England36 Constructive Critique Points
21 Sep 2012 - 9:42 PM

Some excellent wildlife images there Ade. I especially like the moths. Congratulations on the new website.

Justin

Terry L
Terry L e2 Member 10570 forum postsTerry L vcard England5 Constructive Critique Points
21 Sep 2012 - 10:57 PM

Looks very nice Ade, some fine images.

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 109966 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
21 Sep 2012 - 11:23 PM

Quote: Don't get to excited

OK, I won't but its still a pretty darned good show Ade (and Sue Smile )

Some really top work there both of you and easy to navigate too

Ade_Osman
22 Sep 2012 - 1:14 AM

Quote: Some really top work there both of you and easy to navigate too

Thanks again guys, one of my criteria when I was putting together was to make it easy to navigate and use, too many sites these days make it so difficult. I've no doubt it will get more difficult as the content gets larger, but my main aim is to keep it simple.

Thanks again.....Ade

lemmy
lemmy  61676 forum posts United Kingdom
22 Sep 2012 - 11:40 AM

Nice pix - very obvious that you specialize and are expert!

No one else seem to want to make any suggestions but I will if that is OK.

On the menu bar, move 'Hedgehogs' link to the left of 'About' for a more logical arrangement.

Your linkage is a little complicated from the home page and the layout not ideal. The images are stacked one on top of another - it would be much easier on the eye and, especially, navigation, if they were fitted into the page so that it did not need scrolling. Smaller images, 5 side by side or arranged in 2 rows across the page across the page would eliminate the scroll bar and also give you scope for adding more without radical work on the page.

Also with these images, it is quite off-putting how they change when the mouse goes over them. Everyone knows how links work now, so 'go to link' is unnecessary. Just one word 'moths' 'butterflies' at the bottom of the large thumbnails on the other side from your signatures would look very neat.

On the pages of birds and butterflies, the image vanishes on mouseover and you get a caption. Again, this is a bit clunky. Actually, all you need is that when you click on that thumbnail, it takes you to the full size picture - where you have the caption and where it should be.

I also think that the slightly jokey font you use for 'Sue n Ade's Wildlife Photography' detracts from the seriousness of your work. You are using three for four different fonts on that page too. In general, it is best not to use more than 2 different fonts across an entire site, usually one serif and one sans serif. I'd definitely change that 'comic' style font.

Details. On the 'About Us' page, the :- (colon/ dash) looks very strange - a colon OR a dash would be better. The link in the body text Contact Page' is dark blue against black and hardly legible as a result. White would be fine. Again, people know what are links these days.

On the contact page: there's a typo - you have left out 'to' in want use one of our images.

On the home page, your title and the large thumbnails tell everyone what your site is about and what you do. The Welcome to our site etc under the menus is unnecessary and tends to make the page look untidy. It looks far more professional without it. As with everything on a web page, if it doesn't add anything, ditch it! Less really is more on the web.

These are just my observations. Personally, I really value criticism of what I do rather than simply being told how good it is out of kindness but if anything I say upsets or annoys you, that was not my intention. Your work is so good that it speaks for itself which is what really counts. Like a painting, though, sensitive framing can do no harm.

I used to do some consultancy work on web pages for a large IT company (yes, someone paid me for it!) so got a good insight into how people react to and use web pages but that doesn't make me right necessarily Wink

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.