Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

I've just had my vegetarian bacon saved

SuziBlue e2
12 16.2k 10 Scotland
29 Sep 2009 12:06PM
I have just found one of the most amazing apps on the planet. Some of you will probably already have it, or an app that is similar, but I feel I have to leap from rooftop to rooftop, trilling at the top if my lungs, so bear with me.

Ahem. Ahem

Lazarus is the very best thing I have ever found for retrieving lost typed text.

I thank you.

Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
29 Sep 2009 1:45PM

Quote:I thank you.

No...

I thank YOU Suzi - Brilliant find!

ahem ahem...

Wink
Ganto e2
8 769 2 Ireland
29 Sep 2009 3:59PM
So, it's free, it stores all the info you type into firefox, eg credit card/bank details etc, and doesn't send them to anyone else?

I'll be giving it a miss!
Scutter e2
7 1.7k 6 United Kingdom
29 Sep 2009 5:34PM

Quote:So, it's free, it stores all the info you type into firefox, eg credit card/bank details etc, and doesn't send them to anyone else?

I'll be giving it a miss!

It does say it encrypts the info Smile .......but I tend to agree I would rather re-type a form for the limited number of times I do so.
User_Removed 8 2.1k 7 England
29 Sep 2009 6:25PM
Me too, sounds like a great way for them to get your data. I wouldn't use it.
User_Removed 8 2.1k 7 England
29 Sep 2009 6:32PM
Having said that Mozilla do have it as one of their ad-ons listed so maybe its ok?
SuziBlue e2
12 16.2k 10 Scotland
29 Sep 2009 10:17PM
That's where I got it from - the Firefox downloads, but someone else told me about it - I'd lost a massive post from a particular web page as I hadn't saved as I went along. Normally I write in Notepad but for this particular scribble I hadn't.

Plus, it doesn't save passwords as I've got it set not to, and neither will it save bank or paypal details. I've double checked that too, by checking the log for today. If anyone knows differently then I'm all ears, but all I have in the log is stuff typed into non secure sites, like blogs and articles.

You can also set a password for retrieving the data it saves, so no-one else can go into your computer and call it up to see what's been written.

Smile
29 Sep 2009 10:32PM
Vegitarian bacon? Reminds me of this...

link

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.