Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

I want another film camera

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Sooty_1
Sooty_1 Critique Team 41194 forum posts United Kingdom196 Constructive Critique Points
15 Oct 2012 - 2:28 PM

Summitars are good, better if post war coated version, and the step before the legend that is the Summicron.
Screw Elmars are f/3.5 until the redesigned f/2.8 after the war. A pre war, uncoated Elmar is still a legendary lens.

Summars were crazily soft in some places, but fairly sharp in others, giving a particular signature. It's certainly an experience! Funny too, considering that Leica lenses are the ones everything was compared to for a very long time (and still are in many ways).

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
15 Oct 2012 - 2:28 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Focus_Man
Focus_Man  4481 forum posts United Kingdom631 Constructive Critique Points
15 Oct 2012 - 5:04 PM

Quote: Yes that looks interesting i guess i don't know how long a 105mm lens is? In this camera, what would its equivalence be in 35mm terms?

Chris
I believe that is a standard (50mm / 35mm format equivalent) for 2.25 x 3.25 inch format

http://arukucamera.net/folders.html

The equivalent to a standard lens on a 35mm camera equates to 75-80mm on a 6cmX6cm (21/4 Sq)

thefizz
thefizz  10353 forum posts
17 Oct 2012 - 2:00 PM

If you can afford it, consider the Mamyia 7 rangfider which uses 120 film.

Mr_Spanners
23 Oct 2012 - 9:29 AM

A little late to the discussion, but how about the Zeiss Ikonta / super Ikonta

Professional
14 Nov 2012 - 9:05 PM

I also recommend to go with Mamiya 7 if you can afford it, phenomenal camera medium format.
Or, buy Fuji GSW690III, i have this camera and it is great amazing and sharp, love it, and it is not expensive much.
If you want 6x7, Mamiya RZ and RB and Mamiya 7 are the way to go, if you 6x6 then Hasselblad is on top then maybe Rollei and Bronica.
6x9 is the job of my GSW690III, you can also try to get a large format and then a roll film back, so you can have both formats, but that will slow you down more.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.