Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

I want another film camera

Sooty_1 4 1.2k 202 United Kingdom
15 Oct 2012 2:28PM
Summitars are good, better if post war coated version, and the step before the legend that is the Summicron.
Screw Elmars are f/3.5 until the redesigned f/2.8 after the war. A pre war, uncoated Elmar is still a legendary lens.

Summars were crazily soft in some places, but fairly sharp in others, giving a particular signature. It's certainly an experience! Funny too, considering that Leica lenses are the ones everything was compared to for a very long time (and still are in many ways).

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Focus_Man 4 481 631 United Kingdom
15 Oct 2012 5:04PM

Quote:Yes that looks interesting i guess i don't know how long a 105mm lens is? In this camera, what would its equivalence be in 35mm terms?

Chris
I believe that is a standard (50mm / 35mm format equivalent) for 2.25 x 3.25 inch format

http://arukucamera.net/folders.html

The equivalent to a standard lens on a 35mm camera equates to 75-80mm on a 6cmX6cm (21/4 Sq)
thefizz 10 353
17 Oct 2012 2:00PM
If you can afford it, consider the Mamyia 7 rangfider which uses 120 film.
23 Oct 2012 9:29AM
A little late to the discussion, but how about the Zeiss Ikonta / super Ikonta
Professional 7 128 United Arab Emirates
14 Nov 2012 9:05PM
I also recommend to go with Mamiya 7 if you can afford it, phenomenal camera medium format.
Or, buy Fuji GSW690III, i have this camera and it is great amazing and sharp, love it, and it is not expensive much.
If you want 6x7, Mamiya RZ and RB and Mamiya 7 are the way to go, if you 6x6 then Hasselblad is on top then maybe Rollei and Bronica.
6x9 is the job of my GSW690III, you can also try to get a large format and then a roll film back, so you can have both formats, but that will slow you down more.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.