Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

ICC Profiles Permajet "Test Pack" Inkjet Papers

bledzo e2
2 69 United Kingdom
17 May 2012 1:27AM
Hello Folks, I would appreciate your advice.

I downloaded the above profiles from the above to my desk top. When I right click Install Profiles, nothing happened. I searched on line "Google" and... cut and pasted into C:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\colour . Still no association with my printers * see below . I checked the folder and they are there. Why are the profiles not showing among my paper printing options for * Epson 1290 and Epson Stylus DX 8400 . Any help to resolve appreciated. My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Thanks in anticipation

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sherring
7 46 13 United Kingdom
17 May 2012 8:54AM
The Profiles are selected from the application you are printing from, ie Photoshop, and not in the print driver settings.
Are you printing from a colour managed application..?

Steve.
bledzo e2
2 69 United Kingdom
17 May 2012 10:52AM
Hello Steve, I use PS Elements 8 and had set option - "Allow me to choose" . I will try "Always optimise for printing" . If that does not do the trick have you any other ideas. Thanks

Joe
NEWMANP e2
6 1.6k 574 United Kingdom
17 May 2012 12:18PM
to use the profiles you should be printing direct from Photoshop, page set up completed you should then press print and depending on what printer you have , you will see options something like thie below list .

colour management on.
let photshop decide colours.
paper choice.
intent -perceptual
profiles---- toggle list to find the paper profile you have downloaded directly into this directory.

if you are still stuggling, ring Mr Vij Solanki at Permajet, very nice fella who really knows his stuff and he will talk you through things.
sherring
7 46 13 United Kingdom
17 May 2012 12:49PM
Here is a tutorial that I googled for you.

http://www.redrivercatalog.com/profiles/how-to-use-icc-color-profiles-photoshop-elements-8-pc.html

Remember Google is your friend. Wink
bledzo e2
2 69 United Kingdom
17 May 2012 8:49PM
Thanks Steve and NEWMANP, I am ashamed to say that I did not toggle far enough down the profile list. Time for "Spec Savers" Grin

Rgds

Joe

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.