Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Ideas for Conceptual Photography!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    vinod1067
    vinod1067  2 India
    10 Oct 2012 - 2:04 PM

Hi,

I am a kinda photographer who loves to experiment a lot! Generally i will have some ideas or concepts, i make them into reality and i capture my ideas. Basically its like conceptual pics.

The problem is that i cant think all the time to get different ideas and being creative all the time seems difficult when u are working in corporate. I love to hear from people where i can find conceptual pics/ideas/concepts so that i can implement those or i can do justice to those ideas.

http://500px.com/vinodfriends1067
    This is my profile and i click such pics. I love such concepts.
    share any links/ideas if u feel that will help.

Thanks,
    vinod

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    10 Oct 2012 - 2:04 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Nick_w
    Nick_w e2 Member 73903 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Oct 2012 - 2:25 PM

The few I've done tend to come when I'm not trying.

Just let your mind wander. I often find its when I'm trying to sleep the best ideas come ( just have a notepad handy, or you will have a sleepless night). Look at others work don't copy just use as an influence. I bought a book on Dali, most of his better ideas is where he borrowed an idea from others and put his twist on it.
    On here look at the work of DaveU,Ian Monroe, Chase, Alleycatz, Victor Habbick, Cole, Delone, breadandshutter, Eviscera, Scaramanga and many many others.

cattyal
    cattyal e2 Member 96097 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Oct 2012 - 2:34 PM

Most of my bright ideas - and not so bright - come to me on the bus home after work Smile Just staring out of the window thinking about nothing. When I try to force an idea it's generally a total failure Smile

There's no harm in copying other ideas just to get your head round the mechanics of setting up a photo and then doing your own thing.

Actually I realise that it was Nick's pic - Death of a Salesman - that prompted me to do one of my recent pics Smile

paulcookphotography

I take most of my inspiration from music and song lyrics, but I also sketch down and write notes for any half-ideas. They sometimes get combined into a finished piece. Looking through other artists portfolios can be a good way to see where others take ideas, but also a wander round an art gallery can be useful too. I use a certain mix of colour and light in a lot of my work that comes from my love of traditional art and the 'masters'

Paul_Anthony
    10 Oct 2012 - 5:40 PM

Quote: http://500px.com/vinodfriends1067
    This is my profile and i click such pics. I love such concepts.
    share any links/ideas if u feel that will help.

Upload some images on here, it would make things a little easier, and you would probably get more member feedback too, which can only be a good thing. Grin

Regards

Paul

vinod1067
    vinod1067  2 India
    11 Oct 2012 - 8:09 AM

thanks for all ur comments and suggestions Smile btw can anyone tell me how in this site i can search for particular user's pics? i tried but clueless about searching for members and their pics.

KarenFB
    KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84308 forum posts England163 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Oct 2012 - 8:12 AM

Hover over 'Community' (along the top bar) and click on 'Members'. There you can put their name in the 'search box', you can also see an alphabet (click on the letter of their name), or you can see who is actually on line at the moment (except for those folk who hide that information). Smile

Last Modified By KarenFB at 11 Oct 2012 - 8:15 AM
    StrayCat
    StrayCat e2 Member 1014920 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Oct 2012 - 8:13 AM

The only way I know is to look under Community and select Members, and select a name. It will take you to their PF.

Denny

User_Removed
    11 Oct 2012 - 9:44 AM

Quote: Thanks for all ur comments and suggestions Smile btw can anyone tell me how in this site i can search for particular user's pics? i tried but clueless about searching for members and their pics.

Although you have been a member here for almost 4 months, you have not posted any photographs of your own in your gallery. Sharing is the foundation of a community like this.

thewilliam
    11 Oct 2012 - 3:22 PM

First rule of conceptual photography: don't use a camera!

Cephus
    Cephus  92129 forum posts England
    11 Oct 2012 - 11:22 PM

Quote: First rule of conceptual photography: don't use a camera!

No camera = No photographs!

Phoenix
    Phoenix  131881 forum posts
    12 Oct 2012 - 5:34 PM

Just photgraph any old ball-cocks and tell everyone it's an "eclectic collection of conceptual photography"

Seems to work for most "Fine Art" Photographers

Last Modified By Phoenix at 12 Oct 2012 - 5:35 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.