Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Identification

21 Dec 2011 10:33PM
Hi this is going to sound a strange question but I am interested in joing some stock photo agencys like alamy etc etc...... but I have heard some ask for identification like a drivers licence or passport..... I am a rarity that I do not drive and do not travel abroad so can anyone let me know which agencies are going to require this..... the nightmare is I spend ages uploading images and then get asked to provide something I do not have... redbubble have not asked for anything but My name and address.. any help would be great thanks David

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

vickyf e2
9 8 8 United Kingdom
22 Dec 2011 8:59AM
Hi - the only agency I have dealt with that requires driving licence/passport ID is iStock photo. Alamy does not require id, nor do any of the UK based agencies that I have approached, so I don't think you should have a problem. Perhaps it might be an idea to enquire with the agency direct before uploading if in doubt. Hope this helps. Vicky
66tricky e2
8 742 Scotland
23 Dec 2011 10:31AM
How on earth are they going to get to see either document? You going to travel to their offices? There are a few issues here as I assume that they want you to send a scan. This is dodgy from your own personal security perspective and pointless from an ID check POV since neither document is proof of who you are unless you present it in person and the viewer can verify that it is you.

I have created a copy for ID to a contract client in the past. When I did so I obscured the passport number and any sensitive details from the resultant image and explained that unless they could warrant that the data would be protected then I couldn't give them a copy. This was deemed acceptable. ID theft is a risk when copies of your primary ID are floating around various companies who have no real need for them.
23 Dec 2011 12:46PM
hi thanks for your replies, well I heard of one that wanted faxed copies and yes even if I had the id they want I would not be sending it..... David
meercat e2
5 278 United Kingdom
23 Dec 2011 2:44PM
iStock require an uploaded image of the document in question. But they are the only ones I have found requesting ID. Interested to know of others?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.