Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

if compact camera can take such good quality photo, why do we have to spend thous...

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: Enough Already
seahawk
seahawk e2 Member 7537 forum postsseahawk vcard United Kingdom
22 Mar 2013 - 10:59 AM

This all started with a genuinely interesting question 5 pages ago. I am staggered at the amount of bile, personal abuse and pure rubbish that it has generated since then. Surely folks can disagree without making it so personalised? Any outsider reading some of this stuff might think that this is bringing ePz into disrepute.
I'm beginning to think that some of the participants in this discussion really need to get out more (and take some photos).

Can I seriously suggest that the Mods. terminate/lock this thread before it gets seriously out of hand.

I'll probably get abuse for writing this.

Rant over.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
22 Mar 2013 - 10:59 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

llareggub
llareggub  4683 forum posts United Kingdom
22 Mar 2013 - 11:04 AM

Quote: Staggering. Stupefying. Sane. Not.

and that is the sum of your vocabulary and intellect is it ?Smile

I enjoy a good discussion as much as the next person but generally one hopes to learn something in the process. The only thing that I have learnt in this thread is that there are many individuals on this forum with a closed mind .

This thread has reminded why for the past few years I have studiously avoided posting on this and the dpreview forums .

Bigots and trolls

The only person with a closed mind here is you!

I have accepted that bridge cameras are fine if you downsize a 16MP image to 3MP and use for interweb use, I have accepted that they offer a degree of convenience that I personally do not require or care for and I accept they are cheaper than a DSLR.

All you have to do is accept that the compromises made in the production of a bridge camera leave them trailing behind in terms of image quality and we agree on everything!

Last Modified By llareggub at 22 Mar 2013 - 11:05 AM
ChrisV
ChrisV  7769 forum posts United Kingdom26 Constructive Critique Points
22 Mar 2013 - 11:06 AM

Quote: and that is the sum of your vocabulary and intellect is it ?Smile

Your posting was so full of self-contradictions, blindness to evidence and displaying absolutely no objectivity in comparisons, that to any neutral observer, it could only be read as stupefying.

In spite of your assertion it doesn't appear that you are capable of learning anything. With such an attitude it really isn't all that surprising you're wary of posting on the internet and probably feel the whole world is against you.

You should be getting used to it.

Last Modified By ChrisV at 22 Mar 2013 - 11:26 AM
mikehit
mikehit  56320 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
22 Mar 2013 - 11:07 AM

Quote: where have I suggested that Compact images are equal to DSLR images ? ????

You lot are banging on about image quality because you know that in the main you are on safe ground .

When you make a comment such as:

Quote: but why would anyone needing a 1000mm lens reach for wildlife photography want a 35mm format sensor camera ?
You are just arguing for the sake of it .. a troll....

Bridge cameras are for sensible people who recognise that 35mm format sensor cameras are for people who are impressed with size and how much things have cost them

Don't be surprised if people are going to explain why a 35mm is preferable in some situations.
You have found a camera that you rightly belive gives you great bang for the buck, you don't need to be so defensive about your choice: just accept that other people want different things from their cameras

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315199 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
22 Mar 2013 - 7:37 PM

Quote: Your posting was so full of self-contradictions, blindness to evidence and displaying absolutely no objectivity in comparisons, that to any neutral observer, it could only be read as stupefying.

In spite of your assertion it doesn't appear that you are capable of learning anything. With such an attitude it really isn't all that surprising you're wary of posting on the internet and probably feel the whole world is against you

Knock it on the head Chris, no wonder people bite back.

Quote: if compact camera can take such good quality photo, why do we have to spend thous...

Its not always about what produces the best images, its more often about using something that is fit for purpose and adequate for producing the required results.

A few that spring to mind, the photographer that shoots for a glossy magazine and shoots using three bridge camera`s, the sky reporter who went in on a risky job without her crew and got the Job done using Panasonic GH2, or this guy here, at the end of the day the camera is just a tool.

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=7-6468-7844

lawbert
lawbert  71713 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
22 Mar 2013 - 8:02 PM

Im not one to speak out of turn But ChrisV old son you appear to be what I what term as a twit...although some may replace the I in twit for an ATongueWink

Your portfolio displays an ignorance which is only exceeded by your posts in this forumTongueWink

Mr Morgan is a highly respected member of EPZ and has provided incredibly informative help for yearsSmileSmileSmile

I do believe an apology on your part is in order

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: Enough Already