Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

If England supporters had been guilty....

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    tomcat
    tomcat e2 Member 85834 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Jun 2012 - 6:08 PM

...of half the reports coming from the Euros, we (the team) would have been thrown out by now.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    16 Jun 2012 - 6:08 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE
    JJGEE  96205 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Jun 2012 - 6:13 PM

Why is throwing a banana on the pitch such an issue ?

I just do not understand.

However, the flares that were thrown could be far mor dangerous but I have not seen that in the same news items.

tomcat
    tomcat e2 Member 85834 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Jun 2012 - 6:17 PM

I was referring more to the violence, than the odd incidentWink

Not just today's reports

Last Modified By tomcat at 16 Jun 2012 - 6:17 PM
    JJGEE
    JJGEE  96205 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Jun 2012 - 7:17 PM

I just get a gut feel that the violence was nothing to do with true football supporters and was "planned" deliberately in an attempt to discredited the event.

Never-The-Less I think you are probably correct if "English" people were involved !

Camairish
    Camairish  81276 forum posts Scotland
    16 Jun 2012 - 7:36 PM

Throwing a banana on the pitch is regarded on the whole as a slur against black players taking part in the game. In short it is unadulterated racism. It is a huge issue which demonstrates that there are still people who believe that some folk are better than others based on the colour of their skin. Refusing to accept behaviour as what it is, or even worse ignoring it, is tantamount to condoning the racist beliefs of those hurling the bananas.

tomcat
    16 Jun 2012 - 7:49 PM

No doubt at the end of it all, Platini will accept the plaudits etc; etc; no matter what has/or, will occurred/occurs

I wonder how many tissues he got through, after one of his beloved "European" teams did not win the Champions leagueWink

puertouk
    puertouk  21052 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Jun 2012 - 10:04 PM

Why do these countries get fined puny amounts (5000/8000) for throwing flares onto the pitch and Man City get fined 30,000 for their fans throwing paper aeroplanes!!! It's a complete and utter joke. Why was the England band not allowed to take their instruments into the ground against the French? Yet, other countries with bands were allowed into the grounds? I wonder if it had something to do with the UEFA president, Michel Platini??????? Oh, does bureaucracy stink!
    Stephen

tomcat
    16 Jun 2012 - 10:16 PM

The amount of the fines, though relevant, is not really the issue.
    There is an underlying trend for English teams to fail in EuropeSad

They don't like it and do everything in their power to prevent it happening

Perhaps and only perhaps, one of the so called "neutral" referees will spill the beans on what they were "unofficially" told to do

The Chelsea v Barcelona game the other year stinks of official corruption

I might add that the Derby v Juventus game, back in the 70's was officiated by corrupt officials (proved beyond all reasonable doubt) and so was a Leeds final in one of the European finals/semi finals

call me a synic, but the proof is there, if you take the time to watch the games

Camairish
    Camairish  81276 forum posts Scotland
    17 Jun 2012 - 4:25 PM

Guys guys guys - leave the paranoia behind and enjoy fact that not only are you in the Euros, but you are actually doing quite well!! Ukraine will be tough but the two results so far are enough to make you hold your head high surely.

On another topic - wouldn't it be nice if Greece and Germany meet up in the quarter finals (Merkel versus Tsipras) - now that would be a game with some real political undetones!!!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.