Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

If I had a bottomless money pit

Glynn 8 1.2k 1 England
5 Oct 2012 8:19PM
What bridge camera should I buy and why?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

5 Oct 2012 8:26PM
why buy a bridge camera when you can buy a oly pen
Mayfly 9 485 2 United Kingdom
5 Oct 2012 8:54PM
What's your poison ? no point buying a Large format camera if your gonna follow the F1 circuit. You would look a bit silly panning one of those ......
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
5 Oct 2012 8:56PM
Fuji-x-s1

Build, weather sealing, great lens and sensor.

http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-fuji-x-s1-exr-black-digital-camera/p1528408
macroman 11 15.3k England
5 Oct 2012 9:07PM

Quote:If I had a bottomless money pit

All the money would fall through the bottom, leaving you with nothing. GrinGrin
DouglasMorley 4 16 1 Canada
5 Oct 2012 9:30PM
All the money in the world won't make you a better photographer. Use vast resources to travel to places where you have the opportunities to use your existing equipment in ways that you cannot at home.
thewilliam 6 4.8k
5 Oct 2012 9:41PM
Big budgets can buy kit that'll get the pix that nothing else is capable of getting.

A wealthy Arab commissioned Zeiss to design and build a 1700mm f4 lens, in Hasselblad fitting, because he's keen on wildlife photography. Will the results ever be published so we can see them?

Big budgets allow amateurs to do the sort of photography that's normally limited to the fast-shrinking number of television stations or magazines that can afford it.
User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
6 Oct 2012 1:34AM

Quote:If I had a bottomless money pit

All the money would fall through the bottom, leaving you with nothing. GrinGrin

Grin Sad Smile Tongue Wink
6 Oct 2012 7:56AM
Looking at your portfolio, you are getting much better results than many with deep pockets get Smile Smile
To help answer your question what do you use for your macro shots, and what do you want to photograph with a bridge camera?
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
6 Oct 2012 10:16PM

Quote:looking at your portfolio, you are getting much better results than many with deep pockets get

Yeh there not bad are they, that x-s1 I linked focuses as close as 1cm, its pretty good for macro.

Here one from my x10, same sensor, same macro facility.

http://www.ephotozine.com/user/paul-morgan-599/gallery/photo/---25391790
Cephus 10 2.2k England
6 Oct 2012 10:51PM
If I had a bottomless money pit.......

I'd buy this site and chuck all the MOANERS off. GrinGrin
Glynn 8 1.2k 1 England
7 Oct 2012 10:52AM
To answer a few questions:

Basically my kit for the shots on my portfolio is canon dslr and a sigma 105mm macro lens. I just lately find it so hard to take all my kit out for the day and so wanted to purchase a bridge to make things easier and much, much lighter to carry around . The bridge would of course have to have a manual setting so I could set the aperture and shutter speed and have a remote release facility and a lens quality to match the sigma.
Regards
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
7 Oct 2012 11:04AM
779HOB 2 1.1k United Kingdom
7 Oct 2012 11:07AM
I spent the yesterday with about 3.5k around my neck at a protest - the image I sold for publication was taken on my iPhone - buy an iPhone.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.