Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

If I had a bottomless money pit

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Glynn
    Glynn  81169 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Oct 2012 - 8:19 PM

What bridge camera should I buy and why?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    5 Oct 2012 - 8:19 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

youmightlikethis
    youmightlikethis e2 Member 121015 forum postsyoumightlikethis vcard Scotland
    5 Oct 2012 - 8:26 PM

why buy a bridge camera when you can buy a oly pen

Mayfly
    Mayfly  9485 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Oct 2012 - 8:54 PM

What's your poison ? no point buying a Large format camera if your gonna follow the F1 circuit. You would look a bit silly panning one of those ......

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315335 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Oct 2012 - 8:56 PM

Fuji-x-s1

Build, weather sealing, great lens and sensor.

http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-fuji-x-s1-exr-black-digital-camera/p1528408

macroman
    macroman  1115312 forum posts England
    5 Oct 2012 - 9:07 PM

Quote: If I had a bottomless money pit

All the money would fall through the bottom, leaving you with nothing. GrinGrin

DouglasMorley

All the money in the world won't make you a better photographer. Use vast resources to travel to places where you have the opportunities to use your existing equipment in ways that you cannot at home.

thewilliam
    5 Oct 2012 - 9:41 PM

Big budgets can buy kit that'll get the pix that nothing else is capable of getting.

A wealthy Arab commissioned Zeiss to design and build a 1700mm f4 lens, in Hasselblad fitting, because he's keen on wildlife photography. Will the results ever be published so we can see them?

Big budgets allow amateurs to do the sort of photography that's normally limited to the fast-shrinking number of television stations or magazines that can afford it.

User_Removed
    6 Oct 2012 - 1:34 AM

Quote: If I had a bottomless money pit

All the money would fall through the bottom, leaving you with nothing. GrinGrin

Grin Sad Smile Tongue Wink

LenShepherd
    LenShepherd e2 Member 62477 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
    6 Oct 2012 - 7:56 AM

Looking at your portfolio, you are getting much better results than many with deep pockets get Smile Smile
    To help answer your question what do you use for your macro shots, and what do you want to photograph with a bridge camera?

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315335 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Oct 2012 - 10:16 PM

Quote: looking at your portfolio, you are getting much better results than many with deep pockets get

Yeh there not bad are they, that x-s1 I linked focuses as close as 1cm, its pretty good for macro.

Here one from my x10, same sensor, same macro facility.

http://www.ephotozine.com/user/paul-morgan-599/gallery/photo/---25391790

Cephus
    Cephus  92128 forum posts England
    6 Oct 2012 - 10:51 PM

If I had a bottomless money pit.......

I'd buy this site and chuck all the MOANERS off. GrinGrin

Glynn
    Glynn  81169 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Oct 2012 - 10:52 AM

To answer a few questions:

Basically my kit for the shots on my portfolio is canon dslr and a sigma 105mm macro lens. I just lately find it so hard to take all my kit out for the day and so wanted to purchase a bridge to make things easier and much, much lighter to carry around . The bridge would of course have to have a manual setting so I could set the aperture and shutter speed and have a remote release facility and a lens quality to match the sigma.
    Regards

779HOB
    779HOB  21020 forum posts United Kingdom
    7 Oct 2012 - 11:07 AM

I spent the yesterday with about 3.5k around my neck at a protest - the image I sold for publication was taken on my iPhone - buy an iPhone.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.