Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Ilford meeting

MattGrayson 7 622 3 England
29 Sep 2009 10:41AM
Hi everyone,
I have a meeting with one of the Directors for Ilford and Harman, on Thursday, and wondered if there's any burning questions related to the industry that you'd like to know that I could ask him on your behalf?
The questions need to be related to Ilford, Harman or the film/inkjet industries.

Post them here and I'll pick them up before I go.

Cheers
Matt

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

keith selmes 11 7.1k 1 United Kingdom
29 Sep 2009 12:49PM
Printing Out Paper. Any news ?
I think they were trying to work out how to make it on the standard production line, after taking over and closing the old works.

Glass plates. I think they still do some for scientific work, L4 plates e.g. which are supposedly suitable for creative work. However they seem coy about details. It may be that demand is low and costs high so its not worthwhile, but I do wonder if we have a situation where "there's no demand" because the product isn't obviously available.

Have to admit I haven't been doing much film or plate this year, being busy with other matters, but I do intend doing more in future.

Thanks for asking Smile
cameracat 11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
29 Sep 2009 1:09PM
How do they see the future for 35mm black & white film.

Projected view on long term availability, Of not only 35mm B&W film, But also the kit required to process & print mono.

It would be nice to know, Though I have no intentions of dumping my film cameras just yet....Wink
29 Sep 2009 1:29PM
Echoing cameracat's posting - I currently send B&W film (35mm) to Ilford for D&P (7" x 5" Glossy prints).

I would also like to use some 120 B&W in my TLR in the near future.

How do Ilford see these services as sustainable?
jas
thewilliam 6 4.8k
30 Sep 2009 9:52PM
Has Ilford any plans to introduce fine-art papers to beat those made by Hahnemühle?
MattGrayson 7 622 3 England
2 Oct 2009 10:07AM
Thanks everyone for your suggestions, the talk was very successful and I'll be posting the interview shortly. Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.