Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Image on Critique Gallery

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

WeeGeordieLass
WeeGeordieLass e2 Member 2346 forum postsWeeGeordieLass vcard England
22 Feb 2012 - 8:33 AM

Thanks for that clarification Stephen......by the way, this site is amazing, and very addictive too!!

Lovin' It.

Cheers

Elaine

Last Modified By WeeGeordieLass at 22 Feb 2012 - 8:33 AM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
22 Feb 2012 - 8:33 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

arhab
arhab  243 forum posts Indonesia2 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2012 - 6:24 AM

It's clear now. So, even the team critique not yet comment on image at critique gallery, if there are some fellow photographer has been commented and mark as constructive comment by someone or the poster, then agreed by the team critique, the image will be mark has been criticized.

I think need more socialization especially to newbie like me Grin

Tooth
Tooth  95772 forum posts Ireland227 Constructive Critique Points
26 Feb 2012 - 12:46 AM

If I'm reading what you're saying correctly,yes...anyone can comment on an image in the Critique Gallery (and indeed a few individuals out some of the Team members to shame in this regard!, and anyone can nominate a comment to be marked as constructive critique, then a member of the team will decide whether or not to give the comment the ££green" constructive critique mark.

Keep putting up your pics, Arhab, and interact with others and you will soon get used to the way things work - and you'll enjoy yourself as well Smile

Stephen

banehawi
banehawi Critique Team 10912 forum postsbanehawi vcard Canada2909 Constructive Critique Points
22 Mar 2012 - 4:43 PM

Keith. I have unmarked that particular comment you refer to, its no longer green.

We are currently discussing with Pete and staff an overhaul of the Critique Gallery, which currently is considering, among other tweaks, changing the description from Critique to something else. The strict definition of the term does allow for merits of an image to be pointed out, whereas what were really looking for are suggestions to improve.

regards

Willie

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
22 Mar 2012 - 5:32 PM

Quote: We are currently discussing with Pete and staff an overhaul of the Critique Gallery, which currently is considering, among other tweaks, changing the description from Critique to something else. The strict definition of the term does allow for merits of an image to be pointed out, whereas what were really looking for are suggestions to improve.

Good to hear this. The word 'critique' means different things to different people.

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014948 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
22 Mar 2012 - 6:55 PM

CB, aren't you still involved with the Critique Gallery?

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
22 Mar 2012 - 7:00 PM

Quote: CB, aren't you still involved with the Critique Gallery?

I left in Oct 2010. Smile

DRicherby
DRicherby  6269 forum posts United Kingdom725 Constructive Critique Points
24 Mar 2012 - 4:38 PM

WeeGeordieLass wrote:
Quote: Could anyone tell me does the recipient of the Constructive Critique Nomination receive any kind of recognition, and are they aware they have been nominated and by whom?

The fact that their comment has been marked as constructive appears in the commenter's Buzz Feed. They don't know who nominated them and they aren't told about any nominations that were rejected. (And I think that's right -- the point is that their comment has been recognized as meeting a certain standard, not who first noticed that.)

Dave.

Last Modified By DRicherby at 24 Mar 2012 - 4:43 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.