Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Image Ready in Photoshop CS

Hazard 11 1.2k United Kingdom
26 Dec 2005 6:46AM
What is the image ready programme for that comes with Photo-shop cs, I don't understand what you can do with it that you can't do with CS ?
Any Ideas ?
Thanks in advance
Haz

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

klewis 10 1.9k 1 United Kingdom
26 Dec 2005 7:27AM
primary use is for sizing files for web use. Like you say nothing you can't do in PS but it does give you some wizards to play with if you need the support
Hazard 11 1.2k United Kingdom
26 Dec 2005 7:43AM
cheers
ksh 10 467
26 Dec 2005 7:49AM
You can create animations with it
mdpontin 10 6.0k Scotland
26 Dec 2005 7:56AM
I think it's primarily for creating web graphics, including animations and rollovers, which would mean it's targeting roughly the same area as Macromedia Fireworks, although Fireworks is IMO the better tool.

I don't have CS2, but I believe Image Ready is no longer part of the Adobe Creative Suite - it was in CS but not in CS2, as far as I know. Given that Adobe have bought Macromedia, that would make sense if Fireworks and Image Ready were competing products.

Doug
nikon e2
11 118 1 England
26 Dec 2005 8:50AM
I have C/S 2 version 9 which still came with Image Ready attached, though I have not had much need for it as yet.

Dave
Centurion 10 1.2k England
26 Dec 2005 9:04AM
As doug said, its primary use is for creating web graphics and illustrative art. I could never really understand this mind as Adobe Illustrator CS is a far more powerful tool.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.