Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Image Theft

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Overread
Overread  63746 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2010 - 9:09 PM

Quote: Wouldn't you need to understand the point of the website. In many ways it looks like an image search engine rather than that the images are being "used" in any way.

Can someone translate the text on the website to give a clearer indication of the purpose?

considering the ads I bet you they are just using the pics to generate interest and google hits - after that raking in money from the people who do click on the ads on their site.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
16 Jun 2010 - 9:09 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

jakabout
jakabout  101741 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2010 - 9:12 PM

Don't know what it is Smile May very well be an old cache of images as like I said there are some there that aren't visible on site anymore (although if I follow the link I get to the image location and can see it). Guess nothing to worry about. I did a search using my username in Google images and got different stuff, mainly the images and thumbnails on the first page of my portfolio on here. Odds indeed!

KevSB
KevSB  101407 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2010 - 9:13 PM

wow, they have even picked up avs i Have on u tube and sites from years ago and coralated all my stuff together , although all under my prev name on here, It looks like a Brazilian site and if im right you would have great difficulty fighting for copyright in that country which has much less protection than here.
Like was said before In the thread, I would guess not posting on the Internet would be your only defense here.
and its not old stuff as 1 av was only published last week

Last Modified By KevSB at 16 Jun 2010 - 9:14 PM
answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012601 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2010 - 9:18 PM

Just been trying to check back through some stuff and I'm sure that some of the ones I saw were uploaded to a site about 4 years ago, and removed about 6 months later lol

JamesGarfield
16 Jun 2010 - 9:18 PM

Yep mine too, when i click on the image though nothing comes up except the epz web address.

Last Modified By JamesGarfield at 16 Jun 2010 - 9:22 PM
Fishnet
Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2010 - 9:22 PM

How are you finding your photos?

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2010 - 9:23 PM

Just search for your username

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012601 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2010 - 9:24 PM

well I typed in my user name on another site and got a few, my website name and got some others, my user name here and got some more... thats about it really

Kris_Dutson
16 Jun 2010 - 9:27 PM

Type one of your image titles into the box and click Buscar Imagenes, which I assume is Search Images.

I've just invoiced them for 10 zillion. Wink

Overread
Overread  63746 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2010 - 9:28 PM

my EPZ name is - it appears - too common and I can't find anything of mine under overread (I'm sures its there though) But if I search my flickr username overread2000 my stuff appears right up - at least that name is more unique Smile

answersonapostcard
16 Jun 2010 - 9:29 PM

Did you put on 10% for administration charges Kris, seems a bit light to me ..Wink

Last Modified By answersonapostcard at 16 Jun 2010 - 9:29 PM
davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72345 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
16 Jun 2010 - 9:30 PM

Looks to me as just another form of Image Search Engine. As others have mentioned previously, it's nothing to worry about. The fact is that ANYTHING you upload to ANY website that is viewable to the general public will have this issue. As a couple of other members have mentioned, they have found results from other popular photography websites included in this site too.

I wouldn't say its anything to worry about as they are merely an Image search engine.

lawbert
lawbert  71701 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2010 - 9:35 PM

I typed in my user name and got a couple of hits from another site i use, as well as a couple of pictures from a friend that has commented on my images and then about 6 pages of someone elses family holiday pictures!!

I have previously found my pictures on another site and contacted the site about my ownership of the images and they removed them immediately.

Its been said before in the thread but if you have something special that you dont want stealing then leave it on the hard drive and not the internetWink

SuziBlue
SuziBlue  1116195 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2010 - 9:39 PM

I reckon David's right. I use TinEye quite a lot for tracking down stolen images, and they would need to have a cache to compare against. I'm not too worried about this.

Fishnet
Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2010 - 9:47 PM

Yeah I did a quick search of my username and there's nothing.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.