Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Image Theft

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225727 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2010 - 10:45 PM

Have you tried your old name, Anna?

Might make you feel better..! Grin

Last Modified By Just Jas at 16 Jun 2010 - 10:46 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
16 Jun 2010 - 10:45 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ginluvva
ginluvva e2 Member 4464 forum postsginluvva vcard Scotland
16 Jun 2010 - 11:32 PM

Hmm, they got some of mine that I haven.t put on any websites. The cheeky f******

Fishnet
Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jun 2010 - 7:40 AM

If you haven't put them on any websites how could they possibly get hold of them?

User_Removed
17 Jun 2010 - 7:54 AM

Quote: Hmm, they got some of mine that I haven.t put on any websites. The cheeky f******

Well if you haven't someone else has! Or, they have access to your hard-drive, which, I would be more worried about.

Jestertheclown
17 Jun 2010 - 9:58 AM

They've lifted four of mine from here.

Fortunately they've all suffered quite badly in the transition and won't be much use to anyone.

Jester.

User_Removed
17 Jun 2010 - 10:09 AM

Lots of my stuff but, as mentioned, it's all from Google. Some still links but many links have expired.

Jestertheclown
17 Jun 2010 - 10:13 AM

I've just looked again and all they've taken from me are the thumbnails in my pf.

No wonder they're no use!

Jester.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318430 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jun 2010 - 10:35 AM

Quote: No wonder they're no use!

Having looked at this closer it seems they are a Spanish image search...a bit like Google. You don't upload to Google, Google crawls web sites and indexes the content so when you search you find content/images/news etc on the relevant web sites. If the indexed pictures on this site are found, the finder will click the thumb and land on ePHOTOzine or any other site that the photo was indexed on. It seems the site is trying to make money from it's google ads and uses the images as a way to get people to its site. Google pay money if their search box is used and if ads are clicked on. Those are the first things the users.

So it's main catch is providing wallpapers. The idea is you would search, find a pic you like and then click on the thumbnail to get a big version pulled from the original site into a box within their site. So it looks like the picture is available from them to use as a wallpaper.

The good thing about ePHOTOzine is that we protect you by turning off the hotlinking so the person cannot access your photos on here. Try it. do a search for ephotozine. On the first page click on an ePHOTOzine image and then on the slightly larger and poor quality thumbnail. You will be directed to a page that says www.ephotozine.com. Then try clicking on one of our members Tim ambientlight.co.uk's photo spreads....and see it takes you to the full size version.

Hopefully that will reassure most of you. If you're picture has been lifted from any other source check to make sure it is hotlink protected.

Jestertheclown
17 Jun 2010 - 10:50 AM

Already tried it Pete.

You're dead right but thanks for the reassurance anyway.

Jester

ChrisWallace
17 Jun 2010 - 11:47 AM

Yayyyy, International fame at last.............

redhed17
redhed17  8635 forum posts England
17 Jun 2010 - 1:11 PM

I've just searched my username and 7 pictures resulted, 4 from here, though 2 are not my pictures and I don't remember commenting on them.

As has been said, clicking on the Ephotozine images just brings up www.ephotozine.com.

Fishnet
Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jun 2010 - 1:41 PM

I'm too scared to try and search for mine again.

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 95960 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jun 2010 - 3:15 PM

I can't say it bothers me in the least but was amused last night to find typing in Cattyal produced 10 pages of results Smile Somehow I think it very unlikely anyone would search on my username Smile

bigalguitarpicker

So I decided to type in my nom-de-web and up came 66 images (or was it 77?) mostly from my flickr account. There are also photos taken from Photoanswers website, including thumbnails of avatars of other Photoanswers members who I exchanged PMs with. So they've even been in the private PM inbox of Photoanswers. Now I don't give a f**k who copies pics from Flickr, if you post there, you expect that, or at least, you understand you're leaving yourself open to that, but I'm a little surprised to see those avatars from a private message box harvested.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318430 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jun 2010 - 7:34 PM

Looks like the site has been suspended Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.