Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Image to be used as basis for Painting

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    csurry
    csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Oct 2010 - 5:15 PM

Not the first time that I have had this sort of request, but in the past I've never managed to agree a fee for usage.

So has anyone else had requests like this and managed to agree terms with the artist?

I need to go back and ask for exact use, etc., as a one of painting would be significantly different from using to produce a set of cards for instance. Hard to know even where to start with this kind of thing.

Thanks in Advance for any useful information
    Cheryl

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    10 Oct 2010 - 5:15 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE
    JJGEE  96206 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Oct 2010 - 5:56 PM

I appreciate that you may be looking at it from a different, possibly commercial perspective.

I know someone who has a friend who is a botanical illustrator and has provided images of butterflies / moths / flowers as a reference for her.

She has been quite happy to just receive a copy of the book, postcard, calendar etc. in which the illustration has been used. Additionally there has been a full credit, something along the lines :" I would like to thank xyz for allowing me to use her image of abc as a reference "

Not sure how this statement could be included on painting though but something similar with your contact details may be worth considering.

User_Removed
    10 Oct 2010 - 6:00 PM

How well-known is the painter Cheryl?

If globally recognised - it's an arm and a leg. Wink

If its a local, well-known painter then, as JJ suggests, a signed copy and a full credit acknowledgment should suffice I would have thought. (There could always be more work though it..??)

csurry
    csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Oct 2010 - 6:06 PM

The artist mentioned payment in the initial contact. I will email them back for more details tomorrow.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.