Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Image upload.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    THIRDEYE
    THIRDEYE  735 forum posts United Kingdom
    4 Jun 2011 - 1:10 PM

Hi Folks, Just been trying to upload my first image to my newly created Foliopic site. However, when I attempt the upload all I get is the rotating progress bar that sits there telling me that the image is uploading, but after 5 min nothing!!

On my second attempt I gave it a bit longer, this time I received a message to tell me that I had either the wrong image type, or my image was too large?

The image is saved as a jpeg so I know thatís ok. Itís probably something very simple, but as a complete novice with this website stuff I thought I should ask for HELP!

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    4 Jun 2011 - 1:10 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    4 Jun 2011 - 2:08 PM

Quote: ...or my image was too large?

Does the file size in terms of pixels on the longest edge(s) meet the site requirements? Also - is it saved at 72ppi?

THIRDEYE
    4 Jun 2011 - 2:37 PM

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply. Iíve been looking for the info regarding file size along the longest edges but canít seem to find it?

I have taken your advice regarding saving it at 72 ppi. So half way there!! If you could point me in the right direction on the other setting then we might have success.

Thanks.

User_Removed
    4 Jun 2011 - 6:20 PM

Apologies Gary... It's been a busy afternoon!! Smile

Not being a Foliopic user, I have no idea as to the physical file sizes that are allowed.

All I can suggest at this moment in time is that you use the Foliopic Support link to pose you problem.

If that fails, because Foliopic is a 'sister' product of Pete Bargh's 'Empire' (Wink) try using the 'Create Report' link at the bottom of this page , select 'Editorial' from the drop-down menu, and send in your problem.

I hope this helps.

bfgstew
    bfgstew  7668 forum posts England105 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Jun 2011 - 6:34 PM

There is no optimum image size for uploading, image size, I generaly upload images set at 1000 pixels on longest edge, 72dpi in jpeg with no problem.
    As Mike suggests if your having trouble, create a report and the guys will sort it for you

THIRDEYE
    4 Jun 2011 - 7:02 PM

Thanks for the help guys I'll try that tomorrow, off for a cool beer just now!

Cheers.

User_Removed
    4 Jun 2011 - 8:35 PM

(Such a sensible chap!! Wink)

RogBrown
    RogBrown  72997 forum posts England10 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Jun 2011 - 9:34 PM

I've been trying all evening to upload a pic & it just won't load. After ages & ages I just get a message saying the connection was lost.

JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53540 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Jun 2011 - 9:38 PM

Hi Rog, me too at the moment. - in forum images not uploading.

JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53540 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Jun 2011 - 9:54 PM

Actually i can upload in the chrome browser if i use 640x 480 jpgs, but i cannot upload in IE9 with 320 x 240 pixel jpgs - i suspect its IE9 at the moment.

RogBrown
    RogBrown  72997 forum posts England10 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Jun 2011 - 9:00 AM

Working fine this morning. Kept dropping the connection last night. Thought I had a problem with the router. Fingers crossed.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.