Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

image Watermark software recommendation sought

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

weseeyou
weseeyou  3112 forum posts
21 Jan 2012 - 1:11 PM

has anyone got any recommendations for a freeware image watermark software or perhaps one that isn't too expensive.(Win7 compatable) I lost my last one along with my XP laptop Sad
I'm looking for one that has adjustable translucency and fonts/colour etc
Thanks for any suggestions

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
21 Jan 2012 - 1:11 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jestertheclown
21 Jan 2012 - 2:27 PM

I use FastStone to apply mine although the logo itself was produced in CS5 as a TIFF with the transparency saved.

I believe that FastStone will enable you to produce your own but I'm not sure of the degree of complexity it offers.

speedprint
21 Jan 2012 - 3:05 PM

hi
try "picture shark" free to download and use.see example on flickr bredbury hall "clickspeedprint"
regards
speedprint

User_Removed
21 Jan 2012 - 3:08 PM

BreezeBrowser is very comprehensive. It's easy to choose the typeface, colour, transparency and position of your watermark. Help halfway down this page.

speedprint
21 Jan 2012 - 4:58 PM

hi chris
liked the breezbrowser;but picture shark is much much easier.it is just so simple to use.
regards
speedprint

macroman
macroman  1115312 forum posts England
21 Jan 2012 - 5:17 PM

Fastone does that too! Grin Grin

User_Removed
21 Jan 2012 - 5:48 PM

hi speedprint- I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to the OP

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315626 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
21 Jan 2012 - 5:58 PM

What software are you using, if you have photoshop its very simple to do, if done right its invisible to the naked eye,and only shows in the blue channel.

weseeyou
21 Jan 2012 - 8:41 PM

wow thanks for the quick replies everyone.
I'll try the programs that you have suggested. I think the software I used before was called 'watermark' ? but I haven't used a watermark software for a while since I lost my WinXP PC .
The new laptop has Win7 so I need to find lots of replacement software now.Sad

weseeyou
21 Jan 2012 - 10:35 PM

I've downloaded the suggestions and tried them. I found picture shark completely unfathomable. i remember trying this before and giving up grrrrrr. how on earth do you add a copywrite symbol ????

Settled on TSR. its simple straighforward and doesn't require reading pages of a guide.
Thanks everyone for your suggestions and advice

Sneha_D
Sneha_D  2 India
24 Jan 2012 - 6:39 AM

Quote: What software are you using, if you have photoshop its very simple to do, if done right its invisible to the naked eye,and only shows in the blue channel.

I am using Photoshop 7, and tried working on the guidelines given on this site, couldn't get it right. http://www.ephotozine.com/article/watermarking-your-photos-in-photoshop-7-and-cs...
Step #10, where you have to add "current path" doesn't work. Any suggestions?

779HOB
779HOB  21034 forum posts United Kingdom
24 Jan 2012 - 7:00 AM

Quote: What software are you using, if you have photoshop its very simple to do, if done right its invisible to the naked eye,and only shows in the blue channel.

Paul - how do you do that? If it's not visible to the naked eye is it worth doing? - I hate watermarks but feel the need to put them on even if they only stop the casual thief.

While on the subject(ish) if you put details in the file info (Photoshop) it puts a nice (c) in the title that shows on the tab when opened. If someone downloads the file and then deletes the file info data does the copyright symbol go too? Sorry, know that's not about watermarking software but has a connection.

Jestertheclown
1 Nov 2012 - 10:44 AM

Invisible . . .

. . . watermarks.

Hope this helps.

Bren.

weseeyou
1 Nov 2012 - 12:15 PM

mmm clever stuff but I cannot see any use for it really.? Not sure how you'd use it on several hundred images a week without a lot of editing work anyway.

The only reason to use a watermark as far as I can see is to protect your images from theft and the best way to do that in my opinion is to make your security clear for all to see so that
1. it acts as a strong visual deterrant
2. the image is pretty useless to use as -is because it has your name and copyright across it.

With a non visable watermark you could prove its presence after the image theft but the person who nicked your image could argue that they thought it copyright-free because there was no apparent copyright or watermark visible ! Wink

User_Removed
1 Nov 2012 - 12:41 PM

Quote: but the person who nicked your image could argue that they thought it copyright-free because there was no apparent copyright or watermark visible

Copyright is automatic (in the UK and many other countries). So someone stealing your image because it didn't have a mark would have as much defence as someone stealing property from your car because you'd left it open with no notice to say don't steal.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.